Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It My Clutch Slipping Or Something Else Causing Problem

tdci stevie

My car is reving when i floor it and the car isnt moving to the revs (until 2-3 seconds later).....?

A garage said to me today that the clutch is slipping...

Also the cruise control now and then cuts off when on hills..?

Are these linked or seperate....?

only covered 70,000 miles, never had towing gear or carried any weight...?

Stalls probabaly 1 or twice a month if not revved enough when pulling away...

does the putting in 4th gear and lifting clutch while staionery trick work to let you know if clutch is knackered...?

Would love to trust these garages but they all seem to be after your money worse then !Removed! turpin the highway robber lol..

ive just had the exact problem with my 1.8tdi

i took it to a garge and they did a free clutch test (in other words some1 sat in my car put it in gear and see if it stalled). turns out my clutch was slipping so i had it replaced which cost me £300 (not sure if thats a good price for part and fittin but i wanted it sorted and sharpish lol). took my car in at 2pm and it was ready for 5.30 which i was pleased about.

took me a little time to get used to the new bite point but now when i floor it the car shifts and even wheel spins in second if its wet :D hehe

hope this helps

My car is reving when i floor it and the car isnt moving to the revs (until 2-3 seconds later).....?

A garage said to me today that the clutch is slipping...

Also the cruise control now and then cuts off when on hills..?

Are these linked or seperate....?

only covered 70,000 miles, never had towing gear or carried any weight...?

Stalls probabaly 1 or twice a month if not revved enough when pulling away...

does the putting in 4th gear and lifting clutch while staionery trick work to let you know if clutch is knackered...?

Would love to trust these garages but they all seem to be after your money worse then !Removed! turpin the highway robber lol..

If it feels as if you are driving an automatic when you put your foot down, it sounds like the clutch has had it......

I have just had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel at 62,000. The clutch still had about 40% left, but the flywheel caused the problem and it was not sensible to put the old clutch back in. In a similar way, be prepared for a higher bill if the garage think that the flywheel is showing signs of imminent failure.....

If it feels as if you are driving an automatic when you put your foot down, it sounds like the clutch has had it......

I have just had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel at 62,000. The clutch still had about 40% left, but the flywheel caused the problem and it was not sensible to put the old clutch back in. In a similar way, be prepared for a higher bill if the garage think that the flywheel is showing signs of imminent failure.....

Hi,Bill

I say is the Clutch..I've been there,it happened to me but 120k mls on the clock.When you replacing a clutch is recommended to put a new clutch kit and new clutch release bearing.It is not cheap,but you can't move you car with no clutch!So,get on with it and replaced before you can't drive at the traffic lights...don't mess arround it.

Gonna do the clutch (£230 just for the clutch), i doubt i will do the dual mass its not making any noise, and with the realease bearing/slave cylinder there is no sign of fluid leak under box and thers no problem getting into gear, so hopefully just the clutch replaced at mr clutch will do the job..... :huh:

Gonna do the clutch (£230 just for the clutch), i doubt i will do the dual mass its not making any noise, and with the realease bearing/slave cylinder there is no sign of fluid leak under box and thers no problem getting into gear, so hopefully just the clutch replaced at mr clutch will do the job..... :huh:

Concentric slave on the 6-speed is expensive, not least because last time I bought one only Fords did them. (five speeds can be bought for £40!) You should really change the DMF as well. I know it's another £200 or so but when you go back to Mr Clutch(hmm)in two months time when it's not working properly and you have to pay again becuse it's the DMF it'll be even dearer. I did a clutch on an identical model to yours (35k only) and was back a few months later to do the DMF.