• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hynes

Hynes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec Van

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

Bought 04 1.8 diesel focus van last week. Had an x5 but need to reduce costs, times we are in. This focus was not very well looked after i' m afraid. I have replaced both Front shocks and springs. Passenger side had broken coil spring and drivers side was previously replaced but was a lighter petrol spring. Both front brake discs and pads. Both roll bar linkages. New front Tyres. I fully serviced the engine. When changing fuel filter found it full of agri diesel. Rear passenger wheel bearing replaced also. Plus I might need to replace battery or starter, she a bit lazy to turn over. I put in a new steering wheel and had to disconnect battery for airbag. But of course surprise no book in glove box so no code for stereo. Will be posting for help. If by any chance you can help it is 6000CD serial no. M222829. Help would be great. Focus a great car to work on, found parts easy to come by and very reasonably priced. Talk again soon.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

Welcome :)

#3 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:55 AM

Bought 04 1.8 diesel focus van last week. Had an x5 but need to reduce costs, times we are in. This focus was not very well looked after i' m afraid. I have replaced both Front shocks and springs. Passenger side had broken coil spring and drivers side was previously replaced but was a lighter petrol spring. Both front brake discs and pads. Both roll bar linkages. New front Tyres. I fully serviced the engine. When changing fuel filter found it full of agri diesel. Rear passenger wheel bearing replaced also. Plus I might need to replace battery or starter, she a bit lazy to turn over. I put in a new steering wheel and had to disconnect battery for airbag. But of course surprise no book in glove box so no code for stereo. Will be posting for help. If by any chance you can help it is 6000CD serial no. M222829. Help would be great. Focus a great car to work on, found parts easy to come by and very reasonably priced. Talk again soon.

8288 :)

#4 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: None at present
  • Year: Non

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

Welcome to the Ford-Owners-Club! B)

Sounds like a good project!

#5 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

Hi Welcome

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users