Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deals On New Cars

Kentish Man

Just got my car Mk7 Zetec S White/Dark leather had a lot of options put on. Only thing that spoilt it was the deal I got. First thing was the trade in price of my car. We agreed on £6000, on the paper work it showed £5400,they just reduce the price of the new one, seems to be a common thing that dealers do to save on VAT. I ordered it the last week in August, the basic price was £13995 which I think was the price from September onwards. Originally I put a small deposit on a second hand one, thought it over, changed my mind and ordered a new one. When the time come to pay the balance I was offered Ford finance with a £500 deposit contribution from them. I was also told you could pay it off straight away, I think there was a £10 admin fee so overall you could save £490 pounds. Even if you paid the finance for two years at 4.9% you still saved about £124.

So I went for it. First thing that happened was the finance guy rang to say he had put my wrong birthday down so could I go over and counter sign the form again. He is on the phone next day telling me that Ford wont give the finance because the car had to be contracted in September, this is after I had signed all the forms.

Anyway I had waited for the car so long, in the end they took £100 of the price, filled it up with petrol and gave me a full set of rubber mats. I know I have been ripped off.

Not exactly sure what point you're making? Forget the what if's, what the paperwork says and basic prices, if you want to know if you've been ripped off or not, what was the book price of your trade-in, which extras did you specify on your new car and what was the cost-to-change to your new car?

They would have shown you 6k to over allow on your car because you prob wanted more than it was worth then once you went they played with figures so your car now stands in what its actually worth instead. They made sure you knew about the £500 deposit allowance gave you free things when it went abit wrong. They seemed to have looked after you. Regards the deal if you was not sure why did you not shop it. Also end of day if you walked out of there happy at the figures then so what you got a deal to make you happy. Yes other people may have got better deals but its an endless cycle you can go from dealer to dealer getting £xx knocked off evertime. For you to have agreed a deal and walked away you must have felt good about your choice then. No real point asking if it was a good deal or not cause many people on hear bought there cars abit ago and Ford prices are forever changing and the Fiesta was miles cheaper when it was new on market compared to now

No real point asking if it was a good deal or not cause many people on hear bought there cars abit ago and Ford prices are forever changing and the Fiesta was miles cheaper when it was new on market compared to now

But there are others who did lots of research before buying theirs within the past month!

The point I was trying to make was that it seems that these deals are changing so much that the dealer,or in this case the finance guy got it wrong. He seemed so sure of himself that I was entitled to the deposit contribution, I had been looking on line and did quiery it at the time, he made a mistake that's why they gave me a bit off. It's only human nature to feel disappointed not to get such a good deal that you had been told you could have. Anyway I am going to forget about it now and enjoy the car, which by the way is great!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club