Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terry arnold

Bonnet Wont Open

3 posts in this topic

hi does anyone know how to open the bonnet without using the key as mine wont open i cant get to it either unless i break the grill which i dont want to do

it may be you need a new key if you can,t turn the lock to the left if you can turn to the left and nothing happens its the plastic link rod which connects the barrel to the latch split. if you still need to open the bonnet drill a series of holes behind the badge finishing off with a hacksaw blade and yoy will see 2 shearbolts you need to undo these to remove barrel [not easy] once barrel is removed pull out broken link with pliers and open bonnet with flat bladed screwdriver. if you need a new barrel kit there are two types get the right one hope this helps,colin

Hi I had this about a month ago and it turned out to be the barrel itself. I think it was about £50 plus 20 to have it put together to fit my key. But I will say drilling the lock could be hard as the snap bolts are steal and the lock housing is alu so if the drill drifts you could shag the old one but as for the grill that's a must I found one on eBay but the Chrome one don't come up very often.