Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wig In My Exhaust

gremlynn

Hubby noticed some hair type material hanging out my exhaust today and decided to pull it out,!Removed! hell there was loads of it!!!,it looked like one of the grudge halloween wigs there selling in the shops,After thinking about which little b*****d kids could have shoved it up there i wondered if i should have pulled it out and whether it was supposed to stay in the exhaust after all,ive been looking on the net and many have said its some sort of wadding that absorbs the noise and the other half dont have a clue,is it meant to be there?,have i caused any damage by pulling it out?(apart from this !Removed! stuff irritating my hand and making them sore)would love to read what you think,cheers.

Hubby noticed some hair type material hanging out my exhaust today and decided to pull it out,!Removed! hell there was loads of it!!!,it looked like one of the grudge halloween wigs there selling in the shops,After thinking about which little b*****d kids could have shoved it up there i wondered if i should have pulled it out and whether it was supposed to stay in the exhaust after all,ive been looking on the net and many have said its some sort of wadding that absorbs the noise and the other half dont have a clue,is it meant to be there?,have i caused any damage by pulling it out?(apart from this !Removed! stuff irritating my hand and making them sore)would love to read what you think,cheers.

It is the insides of the backbox come loose and is blowing out via the tail pipe, it will all come out eventually and your car will sound louder, if a big enough peice works loose inside the box it will block the backbox and you will notice this in loss of power, less mpg. Strongly recommend getting a new backbox asap.

It is the insides of the backbox come loose and is blowing out via the tail pipe, it will all come out eventually and your car will sound louder, if a big enough peice works loose inside the box it will block the backbox and you will notice this in loss of power, less mpg. Strongly recommend getting a new backbox asap.

thanks for replying,will this cost much? just spent 400 on it in last 2 weeks to get it through its mot,its an old ka 1997 ive had it for a year now and i love the car but its peeing me off with the money ive spent on it!

try a breakers yard or look on eBay for somebody breaking a ka and ask them how much for the backbox, or even put a wanted ad on here (in the classified forum) just saw one on eBay for about £30 incl pp so thats a ball park figure but I myself would have a scout round

try a breakers yard or look on ebay for somebody breaking a ka and ask them how much for the backbox, or even put a wanted ad on here (in the classified forum) just saw one on ebay for about £30 incl pp so thats a ball park figure but I myself would have a scout round

Cheers,i have a ford breakers yard about 5 mins drive from me so will get a price from them and have a look on eBay,thanks.

theres a breaker near me and he's got 4 ka's in, I'll price one up for you aswell if you want as said be sure to price around and btw I forgot to say there easy enough for your other half to fit.

theres a breaker near me and he's got 4 ka's in, I'll price one up for you aswell if you want as said be sure to price around and btw I forgot to say there easy enough for your other half to fit.

You dont know my other half lol,his meaning of DIY is Do Injure Yourself lol,

You dont know my other half lol,his meaning of DIY is Do Injure Yourself lol,

i wouldnt waste your time/money buying a second hand back box, the cost of an aftermarket replacement is probably about the same.

see here,

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Products.aspx?CategoryID=114062

£28 plus a clamp (couple of quid) plus delivery =£40?

that would be ideal if you had someone to fit, if you dont have someone to fit you may well be cheaper phoning round garages and asking them to supply and fit.

try here for all parts

butpartsby.co.uk

Thanks for all the advice,i was thinking what would actually happen if i didnt replace it and i just carried on driving around as i have been doing? would i cause any more damage? or would i knacker anything else up?

Thanks for all the advice,i was thinking what would actually happen if i didnt replace it and i just carried on driving around as i have been doing? would i cause any more damage? or would i knacker anything else up?

As said earlier, "if a big enough peice works loose inside the box it will block the backbox and you will notice this in loss of power, less mpg. Strongly recommend getting a new backbox asap".

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club