Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 5 Door Query

BHeart

Hi

I have a query about the courtesy lighting on the Fiesta Mk7. I have recently taken delivery of a 5 door Fiesta Zetec and in the Fiesta model brochure, it states the following: Courtesy Lights - For front passengers, overhead with theatre style dimming; for rear passengers and in load compartment.

I know the car has front courtesy lights and a load compartment light but I don't see any rear courtesy light in the back of the car for the rear passengers. I've checked the inside on headlining several times and, unless I'm going blind, there is no courtesy light for rear passengers. So consequently, when a rear door is opened, there is no light shining down to assist passenger entry.

So am I right in that all 5 door Mk7 Fiesta's actually do not have a rear courtesy light? If so, I find that a bit disappointing because I've had many 5 door cars over the years and there has always been two separate courtesy lights, one for the front and another for the rear, operated by either rear door being opened.

Thanks, BHeart

I was lead to believe the UK models did have this after doing some research into this when I first got my Fiesta. In Australia however, we get the front lights and the boot light, regardless of door quantity. Do you guys have a glovebox light as well?

I have a 3-door titanium with no rear courtesy light. And as far as I'm aware - no Fiesta's in the range have a glovebox light.

I was lead to believe the UK models did have this after doing some research into this when I first got my Fiesta. In Australia however, we get the front lights and the boot light, regardless of door quantity. Do you guys have a glovebox light as well?

Hi Danny

Thanks for your response.

You are correct in assuming that that is the 'norm' in the UK; 3 door models do not normally have a rear courtesy light but 5 door models of the same car normally do have a fitted courtesy light. As I said in my opening post, I have owned many 5 door cars of various makes, both new and used, and every single 5 door model has always had a rear courtesy light so, unless I've not noticed it in my new Fiesta, then on this occasion, this particular 5 door model does not have one.

I've got the front courtesy light and the boot light but, not sure about the glovebox light - I'll check next time I'm in the car.

My extract from the Fiesta model brochure appears to suggest that there should be a courtesy light in the rear of 5 door models, so I'm not giving up on this just yet.

Thanks again, BHeart

I have a 3-door titanium with no rear courtesy light. And as far as I'm aware - no Fiesta's in the range have a glovebox light.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

As stated in my reply to dannyhilton, it's normally the case that 3 door cars in the UK do not have a rear courtesy light.

If someone can't give me a definite answer on this, I will contact Ford Cust/Serv.

Thanks, BHeart

I read about rear lights when i got my fiesta. Although when i took delivery they werent there :(

I have a 5 door, and there is no courtesy light in the back. Perhaps they thought the car didn't need them after all, but the front light isn't bright enough and it is quite dark in the back.

No glovebox light, as the whole box opens into the cabin probably no need for one.

Cheers

B.

I have a 5 door, and there is no courtesy light in the back. Perhaps they thought the car didn't need them after all, but the front light isn't bright enough and it is quite dark in the back.

No glovebox light, as the whole box opens into the cabin probably no need for one.

Cheers

B.

Hi

I fully agree with your comments about the apparent absence of a rear courtesy light. After dark, when a rear door is opened, there is no light to aid any passenger entering the car.

I think this needs to be taken up with the dealership and Ford Customer service, especially as the Ford Fiesta model brochure appears to suggest that there is a rear courtesy light.

I'm just wondering if the wiring is in the car and, if so, then a courtesy light could be bought from Ford and fitted to the rear. At this point, comments from any members who are Ford Technicians would be welcome.

Thanks, BHeart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club