Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help

essex nick

Hi all

im new to this but thought here would be the best place for someone to know.

I have a 2000(v) reg focus, i noticed that there was a smell of oil burning which i noticed was oil on the manifold. i changed the valve gasket and for a while it was fine but i drove for an hour today and smelt the oil burning smell again.

as i have looked it looks like a fresh bit of oil has started.i noticed that the engine was very hot and thought maybe this is why im lossing oil again? my tempreture gauge never goes past the middle point.

If anyone has any advice of why im still leaking oil please help.

I have checked the breath pipe from top of rocker to filter box and is fine.

the hoses are hot too,

Could the engine have too much pressure? i did have a xr3i efi years ago and i had problems with the oil leaks and it was a filter that was blocked?????????????????

Hi essex nick

would check the crank case ventilator pipes & make sure that non of them are blocked as this could cause a build up in the sump & result in the symptons you are experienceing.

tom

Hi essex nick

would check the crank case ventilator pipes & make sure that non of them are blocked as this could cause a build up in the sump & result in the symptons you are experienceing.

tom

Hi Tom

Many Thanks ill have a look when i get home but now just need to know were the pipes are lol im new to this set up, are they the rubber pipes??

nick

Hi Tom

Many Thanks ill have a look when i get home but now just need to know were the pipes are lol im new to this set up, are they the rubber pipes??

nick

Hi Nick

they are more than likely rubber. there is normally one coming off the rocker box cover(not talking to you your an idiot please excuse me)the rocker box is on top of the engine where you would top up the oil(just incase you do not know).

tom

Hi Nick

they are more than likely rubber. there is normally one coming off the rocker box cover(not talking to you your an idiot please excuse me)the rocker box is on top of the engine where you would top up the oil(just incase you do not know).

tom

Hi Tom no thats fine, i did check the breather pipe from rocker cover to air filter box and it was ok as i could blow through the pipe. but is there anymore as i did read net that there could be a valve between 2 rubber hoses near crank case vent??????

nick

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club