Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Plug Ports Issue, With Pictures

catch

Sorry to bump this thread up as it being so old I have a 60 plate 1.6 focus 100bhp version I have just seen the thread about the engine cover mod, which took me to this page about the washer jets. Will I need to change my washer jets or fit that engine bay cover will I benefit from it ? 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Richdot said:

Sorry to bump this thread up as it being so old I have a 60 plate 1.6 focus 100bhp version I have just seen the thread about the engine cover mod, which took me to this page about the washer jets. Will I need to change my washer jets or fit that engine bay cover will I benefit from it ? 

Thanks 

You could seal the jets using a little silicon sealant (I did that on my fiesta mk6) most though choose to buy the new jets with the seal underneath.

• Like 1

That shield also stops rainwater and water from washing the car that gets over the scuttle at the bottom of the windscreen area getting onto the plugs. As I have said before mine is bone dry these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddie eastwood said:

That shield also stops rainwater and water from washing the car that gets over the scuttle at the bottom of the windscreen area getting onto the plugs. As I have said before mine is bone dry these days.

I still can't believe that all Focus weren't fitted with the engine cover as standard...it's not like it will have cost much to make! :wallbash:

18 hours ago, Russ said:

You could seal the jets using a little silicon sealant (I did that on my fiesta mk6) most though choose to buy the new jets with the seal underneath.

To be honest I have not noticed any water near the plug or leads what so ever, I thought maybe with mine being the later 60 plate early 2011 it might already of had the better washer jets on.

7 hours ago, Richdot said:

To be honest I have not noticed any water near the plug or leads what so ever, I thought maybe with mine being the later 60 plate early 2011 it might already of had the better washer jets on.

If you don’t have any problem with water around the plugs then I’d leave the screen washers as they are.

Would you say its still worth getting the volvo rocker cover? does the leak only come from the washer jets? sure theres like a bonnet lining as well so it must leak through that also?

@Richdot

Did you not read my message from Monday?

1 hour ago, Richdot said:

Would you say its still worth getting the volvo rocker cover? does the leak only come from the washer jets? sure theres like a bonnet lining as well so it must leak through that also?

Only you can decide if it’s worth the cost when it isn’t actually going to do anything! (As you said, you don’t have any problem with water getting in)

Mine happened on a mk6 fiesta AND it had a huge air box cover over the engine as it was! I spotted mine and fixed it before it got to the stage of water filling the plug ports.

9 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:

@Richdot

Did you not read my message from Monday?

I must of missed it Eddie

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

Only you can decide if it’s worth the cost when it isn’t actually going to do anything! (As you said, you don’t have any problem with water getting in)

Mine happened on a mk6 fiesta AND it had a huge air box cover over the engine as it was! I spotted mine and fixed it before it got to the stage of water filling the plug ports.

fixed it by the engine cover? I might do it for a piece of mind suppose

On 11/12/2017 at 9:22 PM, eddie eastwood said:

I take it you got the cover for a peice of mind then Eddie? I might do the same to be honest

Get in touch with Devonboy and ask him if the one he advertised is still available

Its ok ordered it through work £23.00 for the cover and bolts.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:24 PM, eddie eastwood said:

Get in touch with Devonboy and ask him if the one he advertised is still available

You could have had it for the cost of postage, it went in the rubbish bin yesterday.

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

Hello all, first post here. I have read this whole thread since discovering that I have the issue. However there is a part that is confusing me! In the first spark plug well (for plugs 1 and 2, near the timing belt) I have clear water, but in the second well I have blue liquid... but my coolant is definitely pink! Does anyone have an explanation as to what this blue liquid is and how it's getting into the second spark plug well? Is it screenwash ? 

Sorry for yet another bump to the thread!

Cheers

26 minutes ago, Isambard said:

Hello all, first post here. I have read this whole thread since discovering that I have the issue. However there is a part that is confusing me! In the first spark plug well (for plugs 1 and 2, near the timing belt) I have clear water, but in the second well I have blue liquid... but my coolant is definitely pink! Does anyone have an explanation as to what this blue liquid is and how it's getting into the second spark plug well? Is it screenwash ? 

Sorry for yet another bump to the thread!

Cheers

Yeah it's most likely screenwash.  The washer jets on the bonnet leak and drip into there.  

• Like 2

Just remove jets, apply silicone grease and you'll never have an issue again. What happens is the engine gets hot, the liquid turns to steam and gets in the plug connection with the lead and causes misfires. You need to remove the water when the engine is cold, take it out for drive to warm up, then remove the leads to let any steam out, and everything to dry

Rain water and washer fluid can get in. It could be the blue liquid is from months/years ago. 

• 2 years later...

Got water in my 06 fiester plug holes the rubber ends to the ht leads seam to sweat in the plug holes building up water how can i stop them sweating it then makes the car missfire can anybody help please

On 10/10/2020 at 4:05 PM, Stevieboy6342 said:

Got water in my 06 fiester plug holes the rubber ends to the ht leads seam to sweat in the plug holes building up water how can i stop them sweating it then makes the car missfire can anybody help please

With all due respect, you could try posting in the "Fiesta" section and you might have more luck!

It's usually the core plugs in the head that leak coolant into the spark plug wells on the Fiesta.