Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Smoke Problem! HELP!

bnoble

ive recently bought a 52 reg 2.0 litre tdci mondeo and i notice when i start it from cold i get a lot of blue smoke cuming out of the exhaust, while iam driving it at around 40mph (nearly 2000RPM) the engine jurks or seems to splutter slightly, i dont know whay this is but it is doing my head in when iam driving! :blink: .,

Once the engine warms up, there is no blue smoke but the engine still splutters at around 2000rpm in fifth gear when iam driving at 40mph.

i can only !Removed! to think that if i can get to the root of the blue smoke and stop it, everything will work smoothly.

can anybody help me on this matter?

Thanks

are you certain its blue smoke and not black if it is the likely suspect will be a split air charge hose. The spit often occures in the back of the hose going from the intercooler up to the EGR valve. this is the most common fault for black smoke/missfire problems with the tdci, if there is no split hose the egr could need cleaning or replacement.if its definatley blue smoke it might be the turbo seals leaking as this is the most comman problem.

i would still suspect the egr valve or the pipework to it as the valves were known to give problems and redesigned on later models and a faulty one gives out the classic 1800rpm misfire,did you get ant warrenty with the car that you could use?

Try checking all the fuel injectors. Does the car struggle idleing as it may be running on 3 cylinders?

Alot of the 2.2 TDCi engines have these problems which appear catastrophic at first but can be solved with a bit of tlc in the injector area.

Hope you sort it out, if not take it to a garage and get it plugged in to see what the ecu is doing.

;)

i would still suspect the egr valve or the pipework to it as the valves were known to give problems and redesigned on later models and a faulty one gives out the classic 1800rpm misfire,did you get ant warrenty with the car that you could use?

NO IT DOESNT STRUGGLE AT ALL, IT IVE JUST FOUND OUT ITS HAD ALL NEW INJECTORS FITTED AND WAS WONDERING IF ITS NOT BEEN PROGRAMMED PROPERLY.

I THINK ITS A TRIP TO THE GARAGE ON THE COMPUTER.

if the injectors had not been coded to the ecu i would not exspect the car to start never mind run

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club