Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Change

aguycalledmal

A little question if anyone has made a change from the standard 208x40x17 to 205x50x17 and do they fit without rubbing ?

surely going down to a 16" wheel would be a better decision as you're increasing overal rolling radius this way?

not sure if it will rub. gotta be careful changing tyre size to larger because like mikester said. it can make the speedo read lower then the speed your actually going, eg. go through a camera at "32" and your actually doing "35" and get flashed :P

I understand the implications of going up in size and speed but as all fords are about %6 over reading speed then on when doing 76 actual speed is 70 on my satnav. So the 2.31% speed reading change will still be inside the correct speed.

harweyko Thank you for the link but they only show 205x45x17.

Will be switching to the winter tyres soon which are 175x65x14 on steel rims.

As the Bridgstones on the original 17" rims are just about worn out after 14000 miles .Looking to replace over the winter and improve the ride at the same time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club