Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Rattles

calmcdermott

Hey all, tried doing a search earlier but to no avail....

My lil fezza rattles all the time, from the two little plastic trim next to the small windows in the front, the stereo, the passenger door pocket and the rear drivers speaker card. It absolutely does my head in! is there a cure without having to go back to the dealer again?

No idea... ours has developed a couple of rattles as well. When I'm driving the car on my own, there are a good few different rattles coming from the passenger side, but I can't tell exactly where from! Funny thing is, it doesn't rattle with a passenger <_<

I believe some people have gone to the extent of removing door panels and wrapping things to stop rattles. I haven't noticed any in mine yet, bet you some will appear now I've said that! :huh:

Thanks for the replies, I have already refitted the rear trim when I put my Speakers in and with that I thought I would have cured it.

Anybody else got any suggestions? :)

i give it a good hit, usually stops it for a while !

Haha like it! Already tried that though :)

How old is your car? Mine rattled and squeaked a lot from the rear left of the car when new. However, I was able to dampen the noise by placing some weight on that side in the boot. But now after 7 months the rattles have disappeared completely.

How old is your car? Mine rattled and squeaked a lot from the rear left of the car when new. However, I was able to dampen the noise by placing some weight on that side in the boot. But now after 7 months the rattles have disappeared completely.

Its 31st Dec 09 so he's not too old and thats a good solution but unfortunately my rattle is just from the plastics, thanks bud.

All Fords have rattles.

As I discover just how much my new car is simply clipped, rather than screwed or bolted, together, I'm amazed that I only have one. Mine is somewhere over in the nearside rear corner. At first, I was worried that the door wasn't shutting properly. It does.

My daughter has sat in the NSR seat and tried to isolate it, but to no avail.

I've just removed the NS parcel shelf support to fit a second boot light, and it was very firmly clipped into place. It will be interesting to see (or hear, or not, as the case may be) what happens when I replace it.

All Fords have rattles.

As I discover just how much my new car is simply clipped, rather than screwed or bolted, together, I'm amazed that I only have one. Mine is somewhere over in the nearside rear corner. At first, I was worried that the door wasn't shutting properly. It does.

My daughter has sat in the NSR seat and tried to isolate it, but to no avail.

I've just removed the NS parcel shelf support to fit a second boot light, and it was very firmly clipped into place. It will be interesting to see (or hear, or not, as the case may be) what happens when I replace it.

Hope you get it sorted bud but any slight rattle really annoys me, especially when you have paid over £16k for a car when my £6k Fiat Grande Punto did not rattle at all :D. one of my mates has got the Fiesta ST and his rattles like an old bus!

I can't beleive how cheap ford has gone with the interiors with like you said using clips and not screws especially by not putting anti-rattle material between the panels.

Just wait until it's 13 years old and it's things outside the car rattling, fuuuuuuun.

i'd be tempted to attack gaps with blu-tak if mine was rattling

After 18 months & my dealer's useless attempts to stop my car rattling I finally got around to sorting most of it myself last month when I had a free day off work:-

"A" pillar trim at either side of the windscreen - found this to be very loose at several locations, *gently!* pushed thin strips of carpet underlay between the trim & windscreen at the loose points using a spoon handle. Also peeled back the rubber seals on the door frames & packed underlay into the "A" pillar trims where they meet the dashboard, then replaced the seals. Rattling trims now sorted!

Found that the plastic cover in the middle of the windscreen behihnd the mirror - which covers the auto-light sensor on my Titanium - was rattling too so *carefully!* gave that the same treatment - successful!

Door bin - packed bits of paper invisibly into the joints between the bin & the door trim.

Rear quarter panels (3 door) - pulled back rubber seals on the door frames to find a hard plastic "block" the size of two dice on each trim near the door aperture ahead of the speaker; these bits of plastic were rattling against the metalwork. Solution - used double sided tape to stick a bit of carpet underlay to the metal so the plastic now touches that instead of the bodywork & replaced trim. Stopped rattling!

Mine still has a couple of very minor rattles from behind the dash but haven't managed to track those down yet! After all it is a Ford.

Found that it also helps to run tyre pressures at or just above the minimum values (never below though!) additionally this helps to protect my 16" alloys from the buckled wheel problems.

Good luck!

I have a horrible squeak in the rear of the car and its getting louder and louder, there is also a squeak coming from the passenger side which is really annoying, has anyone else had this or know what it maybe.

My Fi is driving me mental, both panels next to the small windows at the front rattle, the panel where the clock and stereo info (above stereo) rattles, rear quarters rattle and now something in the back of the dash !! My solution..... turn up the radio ;)

I am shocked by the price of the car, thought Fords would have been a little more sypathetic.... yeah right, the customer service since I purchased the car is shockingly bad ! :angry:

Thanks for the replies all, yesterday I took the liberty of taking the front passenger and driver column panels off and did some serious rattle tackling with white foam stickyback draft excluder, its made quite the difference but its still not perfect.