Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Year 2000 Engine Vibrate In 1St Gear When Slowing Down And When Car Has Stopped!

solfocus

i have just bought a silver ford focus,year 2000 with 130,000 on the clock.just had clutched changed and the flywheels,new tyres,new brakes and pads. but now it is like the car has a shiver(engine vibrating) and the rev meter goes down past the 1 but doesnt move from their so its not a rough idle. some times its a lot more noticable than at other times.and its only when the car is moving slow so in 1st gear and when the car is stopped but it doesnt vibrate when the handbrake is on! if anyone has had a similar problem please let me know the soluation after forking out on a new car i dont want to have to pay to get it looked at. thanks guys.

Petrol of Diesel?

On my 52 plate 1.6 Focus which is now on just under 116K miles, I have a vibration on mine when the car is idle and it's been like it ever since I've owned the car and it is much worse when having thing like the air con on & other electrics etc. It only seems to vibrate when the car is idle and only if the engine is warm, once I increase the revs or while driving normally the vibration disappears. The vibration is actually causing by the engine block excessively shaking when idle and so I have had the driver's side engine mount replaced as I was told this was the problem but it didn't fix it. Then I was advised that it could be ignition related and that the engine could be experiencing tiny misfires only when idle (no engine light though) and I changed the spark plugs at the weekend but they haven't fixed the problem either.

I already changed the coil pack 2 months after I got the car because it failed and caused a misfire (engine light did come on then) but after replacing the coil pack that cured them misfire it still did not fix the vibration either so I know the coil pack wasn't the problem anyway. The only other thing to consider is the HT Leads but I haven't bothered replacing them because upon inspection at the weekend they still look near enough new.

I am out of ideas to what else could be causing the engine to excessively shake now.

Liam

Petrol of Diesel?

On my 52 plate 1.6 Focus which is now on just under 116K miles, I have a vibration on mine when the car is idle and it's been like it ever since I've owned the car and it is much worse when having thing like the air con on & other electrics etc. It only seems to vibrate when the car is idle and only if the engine is warm, once I increase the revs or while driving normally the vibration disappears. The vibration is actually causing by the engine block excessively shaking when idle and so I have had the driver's side engine mount replaced as I was told this was the problem but it didn't fix it. Then I was advised that it could be ignition related and that the engine could be experiencing tiny misfires only when idle (no engine light though) and I changed the spark plugs at the weekend but they haven't fixed the problem either.

I already changed the coil pack 2 months after I got the car because it failed and caused a misfire (engine light did come on then) but after replacing the coil pack that cured them misfire it still did not fix the vibration either so I know the coil pack wasn't the problem anyway. The only other thing to consider is the HT Leads but I haven't bothered replacing them because upon inspection at the weekend they still look near enough new.

I am out of ideas to what else could be causing the engine to excessively shake now.

Liam

i had a pcm update done by ford 83 quid and it solved my issue

its a petrol car. its only once the car has warmed up.while the engine is cold its fine.it shudders the whole car my son feels it in the back seat when its bad. thanks for the advice. :)

Yeah I've been suggested by someone on another forum that I may need this carrying out, they also had the same problem as me and the update fixed the problem for them.

I've just rang my local Ford dealer and the way it works is that they charge £50 to carry out a full diagnostics test and this will also reveal if my ECU needs updating to the latest version and they will also charge another £50 to carry out the update if it needs to be done so that is £100. The only thing that lies in the back of my mind is the "what if it still doesn't fix it" but I think I will probably get it booked in to be done in a few weeks.

Thanks - Liam

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club