• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aquanaut

Aquanaut

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Mondeo Ghia Estate

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

I currently own a MK3 Mondeo Ghia Estate. when i try and lock the door, the door unlocks itself and all the windows come down. I am having to lock the door manually as the remote key doesnt seem to be working. I am assuming the key is faulty or the battery is flat. The only way round this at the moment is to open the door, turn off the ignition, jump out of the car, lock the door manually then run away quickly. Also as i approach the car it will unlock itself and again the windows come down without pressing any of the buttons. i have no problem starting the car. I assume its something to do with the key but as no expert i am asking for help before i have to visit a ford garage

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

could the unlock button on the remote be stuck down sending out an unlock signal?

#3 Aquanaut

Aquanaut

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Mondeo Ghia Estate

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

the unlock button was completely knackered, took it to a local motor factors shop with a locksmiths attatched. just changed the fob in my key, working better than it ever has

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users