Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'07 Zetec Stereo Upgrade To Sony

HarryH321

Hi Guy's,

My first post on the forum ! I have a general question about my Fiesta Zetec '07 plate.

I currently have the standard Ford 6000 CD with the aux line in fitted Current Stereo on Ebay

But i'm looking to upgrade to the upgraded Sony model which I've seen in many Fords, I believe it has a 6 CD changer ? and I wanted to know if it would still be compatible with the steering wheel controls and with my current AUX line in ? I am hopefully going to purchase This Sony Upgrade and i'm am going to have it proffessionally fitted, or fail that a very good friend who has done many of my other friends set up's.

Can anyone advise me on the questions I have asked ??

Kind Regards,

Harry H

I cant help you too much but il try, the actual stereo will simply clip in so i wouldnt even bother taking it to be fitted you just need the four radio removal keys to take it out and you will find 2 connections behind, one is the quadlock connector which housed the main cables for power, Speakers and line in and steering wheel controls. and also the aerial. Simiply pull the plastic quadlock of by moving the black level (push the little pin in) it will make sense once you see it. and just pull the aerial out.

Replace new radio and reconnect cables in reverse, bobs your uncle. i changed my stereo in my mk6.5 4 times and never had any trouble so i really wouldnt worry about having it fitted proffesionally.

Hope that helps, feel free to message me.

PS which part of Somerset you in, i live in Frome, nr Bath.

Anthony

Oh one last thing, its a single CD not multi CD unit, the focus has the option of a cd changer built in alongwith DAB but its not the same shape fitting.

had that exact same head unit in my old fiesta. I also had the upgraded Speakers to go along with it . there will be little or no sound difference unless you change the paper Speakers to the upgraded 5x7 Speakers that ford fitted with that HU.

First off all thanks for the swift replies guy's much appreciated.

So I have also been considering as you said fryboi upgrading the stock Speakers to better quality

and better sounding models. Are all four Speakers 5 x 7 ?

HarryH

Btw Anthony I live in Nailsea in the north of the county about 8 miles out from Bristol :)

ah sorry forgot to mention the Speakers, yes they will be crap in the basic one, i had a style before my zetec blue, aint that classed as south glous? anywhos let me know how it goes if you decide to go ahead mate, i go to bristol 3-4 times a week to uni, if you have any major problems i may be able to pop in and give you a hand.

Anthony

Update guy's,

Today used the keys to release my current 6000CD and tighten the aerial as it was loose in the back.

Wenjt to put the radio back in with keys till in (big mistake) and then 3 of the 4 keys got stuck....:/ now

been to my local ford dealership who said the've had problems like this before and once ahd to break an HU to get

them out. Finally me + the mechanic managed to get them all out although now we have an issue. The bottom right release mechanism

has moved in the slot (another thing mentioned to me by the mechanic is that he's also seen this before and says ford know about it too)

2nd is now that my CD button in the top corner of the unit sticks in and now is very hard to get out with a key meaning that whilst it is in

no other button will function.... :/ So now in desperate need of putting in the new unit but I need to contact ford to see if they can sort out

the spring in the bottom corner to help to release the HU again.....:/

*sigh* my own stupid fault forgetting to remove the keys but just as frustrating....

Any thoughts on removing the HU now ??

Harry H

• 1 month later...

Harry - what is the part number for the new upgraded Sony cd player that comes on all new Titaniums? I went to my local Dagenham Motors and they couldn't find it on their parts database.

Thank you

Kabir

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club