Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti Hi-Jack Locking?

mynameisluke88

Does anyone know if its possible to set the doors to lock automatically when you drive off?

Most new cars have this as standard just wondering if its something that can be done? :D

Let me know if you can helpp!

Ta

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day! Even my Dad's Peugeot van does it.

There have been several posts about this in the 6 months I have been here.. but nobody knows how to do it for the Mk7.

There are some generic Ford "back door" instructions for enabling auto-lock, but they refer to pressing the door lock button, which is not present.

On my Mk7 there are two buttons on the dash to lock and unlock the doors.

regards

Fiesta65

Yes we all have the lock/unlock button on the dash but would like the car to automatically lock itself when the car is in motion.

If people were actually that worried, then they would surely press the door lock button on the dash as part of habit. I do it as habit, I I don't worry about car jacking. I think there is always a case of manual intervention, otherwise we are doomed as a civilisation.

On my Mk7 there are two buttons on the dash to lock and unlock the doors.

regards

Fiesta65

I do hope that was sarcasm

lol

Yeah I lock the doors most of the time just wondering if it can be set to automatic...

you're not alone buddy, i need this in my life too.

i know you can have it if you go for an aftermarket alaram along with all kinds of goodies that ford either don't do or charge the earth for. i'd do it, only i hate having fobs on my keys :(

400 quid for CAT 1 alarm fitted from ford for my fiesta mk7 zetec s

I lock my car doors when I get in but if im driving on dual carriage ways or motorways or courntry roads where im not stopping and starting or going slow speeds I unlock them. Worst thing in the world would be for you to have a crash and then have passers by not be able to get you out of the car and have to wait for the jaws of life that im sure I read somewhere cant cut through the fiesta( Im notsure i beliv it )

Jay

Worst thing in the world would be for you to have a crash and then have passers by not be able to get you out of the car and have to wait for the jaws of life that im sure I read somewhere cant cut through the fiesta( Im notsure i beliv it )

Hopefully, they programmed it in so that the doors unlock if the airbags are deployed.

I'd also like the doors to auto lock when you go over 5mph or something... the transit at work can manage it so I reckon the Fez should be able to.

400 quid for CAT 1 alarm fitted from ford for my fiesta mk7 zetec s

I lock my car doors when I get in but if im driving on dual carriage ways or motorways or courntry roads where im not stopping and starting or going slow speeds I unlock them. Worst thing in the world would be for you to have a crash and then have passers by not be able to get you out of the car and have to wait for the jaws of life that im sure I read somewhere cant cut through the fiesta( Im notsure i beliv it )

Jay

But surely due to the risk of paralysis it is better that passers by do not try to get you out of the car? As long as your life is not in imminent danger it is better to wait for the emergency services to remove you safely from the car using neck & spine restraints. This may involve removing the roof from the car anyway. Seen loads of documentaries about this on the various cable channels.

But surely due to the risk of paralysis it is better that passers by do not try to get you out of the car? As long as your life is not in imminent danger it is better to wait for the emergency services to remove you safely from the car using neck & spine restraints. This may involve removing the roof from the car anyway. Seen loads of documentaries about this on the various cable channels.

this is true, however on independent risk assessments you can.. i.e. car fire?

I wouldnt want my doors locked if i crashed... i know for a fact id stop and help some one, done it twice so far, once the doors were locked, trying to convince a panic'd person to unlock their doors isnt easy. Everyone can make their own choices though.

this is true, however on independent risk assessments you can.. i.e. car fire?

I wouldnt want my doors locked if i crashed... i know for a fact id stop and help some one, done it twice so far, once the doors were locked, trying to convince a panic'd person to unlock their doors isnt easy. Everyone can make their own choices though.

Yeah I agree, I'd rather let someone have the choice or for paramedics to Have that choice.

Jay

i'd rather have my doors auto lock so the scum in city centres would never get the chance. as for an accident... you guys must be reading some mad stories somewhere as there is no way the doors would stay locked in an accident, you realise the interior lock DOES NOT enable the dead locks right?

IE the door can be opened by the interior handle, so a, i can open the door in the unlikely event or b, the kind sole saving me is 100% more than welcome to put their boot through mine (or if you're gonna beeetch about the glass cutting me up), my passenger side window to unlck the car via the handle on the inside.

even if the power is cut and you've locked the doors (not dead locked them) you can still manually open one of the doors from the inside. you just can centrally unlock the doors by opening them, ie opening one door will not unlock the other door like it would if the power was on.

and £400 for a CAT 1 alarm... nahh, more like £280 for an allsinging CAT 1 TOAD Ai808 that has all kinds of extra sensors and has the added benefit to potentially decrease your insurance premium... add the panick alarm function, much louder alarm and one remote window closure. these are just the standard options available, that sounds perfectly reasonable. not to mention the awesome auto start, dual shock and anti jack systems you can add on o the package.

only downside is the fob, i love my clutterless key and house key approach, no key rings or junk for mikey.

oh and also, if its such a serious crash to warrant you been unconcious so you can't open the doors, then more than likely the Shell has took some major damage and subsequently folded around you to absorb the impact and transmit it around the cabin therefore even a slight deformation of the Shell would render the doors very difficult to open (as the gap they fitted in has changed) or completely unopenable. thus leaving the jaws of life to be the only choice.

the advantage of anti hijack outweighs the risk by a massivle amount. i've crashed once in my driving 'career' and it was a good crash too... i got out fine even though i locked the doors mid journey.

think we'd have to wait unitl someone crashed and couldn't get out cause they locked the doors when they set off and had to be cut out with the jaws of life before jumping to that conclusion.

you have first hand evidence from myself that in a severe crash the doors will still unlock... :)

Hey im just giving my opinion like anyone else. Id imagine a ford dealer could program it in to the fez?

Anyway... as I was saying I deal with the Scum of the world by pressing the lock button.

Jay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club