Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multi Function Display Indicator Stays Lit On 2009 Fiesta

gfj

Can anyone help? I have a problem on the Multi Function Display on my 2009 Fiesta Style.

On the left hand side of the display there are 4 indicators. All indicators come on when the ignition is turned on,

they should then go out [if the radio/cd is off]. On my car the bottom indicator stays on -- it is shaped like a cog with a circle in the middle. I have been told this is a "settings" indicator, but I can't find any info.

This display has radio, clock, date info etc. Everything seems to be working ok so Im not sure where to look.

Same on mine, that cog is always lit. Never had any issues with it,

I think the cog stays lit, because it corresponds to the "menu" button, which is still active, even with the radio off.

I think the cog stays lit, because it corresponds to the "menu" button, which is still active, even with the radio off.

Yep, and green means "available" and red means "active". So when the stereo is off, the menu button is lit up and the settings "cog", and then you turn the stereo on and everything else lights up. Simples

Thanks for the info.

I had a look at another 09 Fiesta. The indicator went off when the radio was switched off [ignition still on].

I even asked at a Ford Main Dealer -- they did'nt seem to have much idea. They just repeated that it was something to do with settings.

I will let you know if I get to the bottom of it.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I also have the settings indicator stagings on (green) when the radio is off.

I have a 2012 fiesta zetec s

Any ideas?

Thanks, Gary

• 7 months later...

same here with the green cog on radio display..ive been trying for hours to find out about this..think I will go back to the dealers..will let you know if I find out anything...

• 8 years later...

When the green 'settings' cog stays on the dash stays backlit - even when the ignition key is out and the doors are shut. It only goes off when the doors are locked so it would be easy to run the battery down.  This is a new problem for me as the green cog has only recently appeared. I really want to  switch it off as I don't want to lock my car when it's garaged.

• Sad 1