Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horrible Noise Coming From Drum Brake !!

will-91

last night noticed a very strange noise coming from my back left wheel, which kept getting louder ! sounded like something was majorly loose in the suspension or something ! but i removed my alloy and and turned my drum break round in the motion of the wheel and the noise is coming from inside it !! sounds more like a scraping noise, surely break pads havnt went with doing just under 20 000 miles ?

also noticed when my hand break is on full the drum brake still moves round ? cant understand this, i thot its ment to stop turing in order to lock the back wheels ?

any help would be much appreciated

sounds like one of the linings may have seperated from the shoe. really need to get the drum off for a look

i dont think i can take it off, looks like a special shaped key that is needed to do it :angry:

not sure about any special shaped key but unless you have the tools (30mm socket, long bar and a torque wrench) it might be worth letting someone have a look.

i would try and drive the car as little as you can until its been looked at, you dont want to do anymore damage and risk the braking system of your car