Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pcn Ticket Recieved Outside My House

Solaris

Sorry for being off topic here but i really need some advice from fellow drivers as this is my first experience of this situation. To keep it slightly on topic i do have some pictures of my Fiesta. :)

So here's the situation. This morning i received a ticket from London borough of waltham forest for parking across the road from my house. I'm just wondering if i have any case for appeal at all or should just accept the £120 fine (£60 within 14 days).

I could bore everyone about how difficult it is to park on my street, there a number of factors causing this and i know that excuses really wouldn't make any difference in an appeal. I will say though that the car behind me at the time had it's rear right up against the telephone pole and had literally a few centimeters space in which to reverse so i consciously parked a couple of feet forward of where i usually would to allow him space to get out.

Here's those pictures...

img20101020122056.jpg

img20101020122120.jpg

img20101020122126.jpg

The PCN claims i have committed "code 62C" "Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway." Maybe I don't understand the definition entirely but i don't believe i am guilty of what is described. Is this just a technicality of having my front wheels slightly over the line?

I should point out that the garages are never used and are always being blocked off by cars (or vans in this case), despite this i made 100% sure when leaving the car last night that i was not obstructing the garage in anyway at all. Funnily enough right after moving my car this morning another bigger car than mine decided to take the spot and has been there since. I also took a photo of that to prove my point.

Again sorry for being off topic and thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice on what i should do would be appreciated.

I am no expert with this, I live in Leeds, however I do manage van drivers in London and am forever having problems with this. My experience of different London boroughs is that they all have different rules and Waltham Forest is not one I have dealt with before.

However from the pictures you have posted I would say the problem you have is your front wheels are outside the designated parking area. Out of interest did the van get a parking ticket? If not, assuming the van was there when you got your ticket, I would say you have grounds to complain, but no appeal.

"code 62C" "Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway." seems to suggest that you are parked on the footpath, however considering the designated parking zone is marked out on the footpath this can't be the case.

As already mentioned I would say the problem is the two wheels outside the parking zone.

There maybe other better advice forthcoming from other members, in the mean time the link below explains PCNs from Waltham Forest

Waltham Forest PCN

hi mate

sorry to hear that those scumbags ticketed you

the car behind is also not whithin those lines on the side.. i presume you have to park in the white box.

Also the kerb looks like it is under your car, however the white line is too.. confusing

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've posted a similar topic on pepipoo as advised. To clarify the situation on my road parking on the pavement is allowed as the inner lines are on the pavement as visible in my pictures. It's almost a requirement as not parking on the pavement means you will be outside the outer markings on the road.

The curb ends literally right where my left front wheel is placed. A good foot or so past where the front most line ends. The line still leaves plenty of space before the garage part and i believed i stayed within that space. If i knew i could be fined for just being over the line a couple of feet I'd never have parked there. :(

I should also point out the car behind me in the pictures is not the one that was there last night. The one in the pictures has decided to avoid the pavement entirely because there is a phone pole right behind him, something the previous driver never did and therefore required space in front to get out.

Just my tuppence worth. It matters not a jot how and why other people have parked - if they were illegally parked when the warden was around then they'd have been ticketed as well.

You say you consciously parked a few feet forward of where you'd normally park to allow the other vehicle space to get out. Or put another way (as the appeal panel will no doubt point out), you knew there wasn't sufficient space to park your vehicle. My advice would be to accept you were at fault, pay your £60 and avoid the risk of paying that £120.

By the way, I'm looking at the way you've parked your car - why have you mounted the pavement? You must be all of 2 or 3 feet further in than the other cars on your side of the street. Parking fines / pedestrian or garage access issues aside, I'd be worried that some kid on his bike or someone pushing a pram could easily scrape my car.

You say you consciously parked a few feet forward of where you'd normally park to allow the other vehicle space to get out. Or put another way (as the appeal panel will no doubt point out), you knew there wasn't sufficient space to park your vehicle. My advice would be to accept you were at fault, pay your £60 and avoid the risk of paying that £120.

Unfortunatly I agree with this.

By the way, I'm looking at the way you've parked your car - why have you mounted the pavement? You must be all of 2 or 3 feet further in than the other cars on your side of the street.

Solaris is parked within the white lines down the sides of the car, the car behind has their right hand side wheels outside the parking bay. The car parked two back is parked the same as Solaris.

Just my tuppence worth. It matters not a jot how and why other people have parked - if they were illegally parked when the warden was around then they'd have been ticketed as well.

By the way, I'm looking at the way you've parked your car - why have you mounted the pavement? You must be all of 2 or 3 feet further in than the other cars on your side of the street. Parking fines / pedestrian or garage access issues aside, I'd be worried that some kid on his bike or someone pushing a pram could easily scrape my car.

Everyone on my road parks on the pavement as it's a narrow road and the markings go a couple of feet into the pavement. The car behind me has decided to not park on the pavement because there is a telephone pole right behind. As you can see from my picture I'm not over the line on the pavement side, which is what the ticket claims as the reason. I have been told by an ex traffic warden friend that there is a separate offense and code number for parking outside of a bay, which is the only offense that i believe i could be accused of.

I have been told by an ex traffic warden friend that there is a separate offense and code number for parking outside of a bay, which is the only offense that i believe i could be accused of.

According to this website the code would be 86.

Parking Regulations

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club