• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gary29428

gary29428

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Focus Estate 1.8tdci

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:25 AM

Guys, I have just fitted my new towbar. I got the 7-way bypass relay but am not that up on electrics. Does anybody have a step by step to fitting this relay, car is a 2008 (new model). Any help would be greatly appreciated, going to give it a go at the weekend. Instructions I got with kit assume a good deal of elecrical knowledge.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,757 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

Guys, I have just fitted my new towbar. I got the 7-way bypass relay but am not that up on electrics. Does anybody have a step by step to fitting this relay, car is a 2008 (new model). Any help would be greatly appreciated, going to give it a go at the weekend. Instructions I got with kit assume a good deal of elecrical knowledge.

Thanks

hi mate,

fitting the bypass relay is fairly straight forward really. you will need a 10 or 15amp fused supply to it, an earth and then you just connect each of the wires to the relevant lights. all you need to do is find out what each wire is..
the quickest way to connect the wires is using scotch connectors, simply slide them over the wire and slide your relay wire and in push in the metal blade with pliers.
when i fitted my relay i used contact adhesive to stick it to the side of the boot under the carpet but number plate sticky tape will do just as well.

hope this helps?

#3 gary29428

gary29428

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Focus Estate 1.8tdci

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for that, I guess the 15amp supply will from the battery. I will need to a wire through the car, do is the best way to do this. Appreciate the help.......

#4 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,757 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for that, I guess the 15amp supply will from the battery. I will need to a wire through the car, do is the best way to do this. Appreciate the help.......

yes you will need a supply from the battery but..does your car have a 12 outlet in the boot? (whatever its called that you would plug a phone charger in for example?)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users