Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Alternative

Mooresey

Someone where I work today said that he has used generator diesel in his car with a small mix or normal diesel and it runs better than just normal diesel. Can this be true? Is it really recommended or not a good idea?

i presume that its red diesel being used,not only is this illegal but its only normal diesel with a dye added, red diesel is usually for agricultral and off road use,it is illegal to use on the road because the duty has not been paid on it.lets hope that the friend does not get caught with the traces of red diesel in his car by any garage or someone in authority.

As far as I know its not red diesel its generator diesel that his mate gets in 45 gallon drums for free as companies have to change it every so often.

As far as I know its not red diesel its generator diesel that his mate gets in 45 gallon drums for free as companies have to change it every so often.

as its for a static engine, they wont be paying duty on it so it will be illegal to put in a road car

as its for a static engine, they wont be paying duty on it so it will be illegal to put in a road car

Is it possible and is it risky? Would it bu99er up the engine?

Is it possible and is it risky? Would it bu99er up the engine?

i would recommend against it, it will most likely be red, red diesel will "stain" your engine and could cause you hassle down the line if your pulled and checked for any reason.

if the diesel is the same consistancy as forecourt diesel then there will be no performance difference, if its not the same consistancy then it could be bad for your engine as it was not designed for this. (could clog delicate injectors etc)

I dont think its worth it.

also what do you mean by "as companies have to change it every so often" ? its not like oil that gets changed, surely diesel is used, then gone? why would companys need to "give" it away?

i agree with 'mrrnoname'

fuel is expensive to everyone, there is no way surely that companies will buy too much and then give it away for free!

'generator' or red diesel burns with a little more smoke than forecourt diesel so im told. but as said above the dye will stain your engine, tank, lines etc and stays there for a very long time.

i would stay well clear of it.

No worries I wasn't going to use it just wondering if its true or not.

Apparently the diesel has to be changed every so often as it just sits in the tank. Or so I was told.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club