Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Upgraded Their Brakes?

Adam1982

I am looking to upgrade my brakes and wanted to know if anyone has and what they have gone for, Experiences, costs etc for the MK7 Fiesta Zetec S

why would you want to, whats wrong with the standard? :unsure:

nothing wrong with my brakes and i have more horses than you .................must be down to your driving ability... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe Just wants some more stopping power, I find the ZS brakes good but if they we're used on a track like most brakes I'd imagine they would lose alot of power quickly.

Pumaspeed have some discs and pads, montune Don't upgrade there fiestas with newer brakes so I'd imagine there are adequate for more than needed from standard car

Jay

nothing wrong with my brakes and i have more horses than you .................must be down to your driving ability... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The brakes fade so quickly, if you brake hard from 90-30 about 3 times they are completely cooked.

Pumaspeed do grooved disks...could be an option or maybe try and retro fit some mondeo brakes on. One guy on zsoc has upgraded his and i think he has hi specs

i was just going to add a bit about how its not so much the braking power but more the braking efficiency but it looks like i was beaten to it.

being able to stop the car from high speeds over and over requires a set of brakes that will not have to work as much to keep the temp down, if not you end up with serious brake fade and ive been there and done that - hope not to do it again any time soon.

EBC has new discs, both Ultimax and Groove series, but no price yet. Also Back Stuff and Green Stuff pads are available with good price. Friend of mine has discs and pads from Pumaspeed, had no time to test fading, but "basic" stopping power is better.

EBC has new discs, both Ultimax and Groove series, but no price yet. Also Back Stuff and Green Stuff pads are available with good price. Friend of mine has discs and pads from Pumaspeed, had no time to test fading, but "basic" stopping power is better.

but is the 'basic' stopping power any better? is this caused by the new pad/disc feeling? i say this becuase surely you can only apply so much pressure until the abs kicks in or the wheels lock if you dont have it? breaking power is effectively still the same... being able to disipate heat better is probably the most important factor

sorry, I did not explained correctly, the feel is that brakes bite sooner and harder, but I think this is all caused by softer compoud of pads...

Nothing wrong with my driving ability, i do a load of motorway driving and my pads and disks need replacing so wanted to see what ppl are doing as fancy something different than the std ones as i've changed the majority of things on the outside of the car