Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Pulsing when Cold (after cambelt was changed)

sam1986uk

Hello

I have a problem with my 2002 focus 1.6 automatic (it has done 88000 miles).

When the engine is cold (once started), it feels as though it is pulsing (wont move forward in a smooth & steady fashion (a bit jerky).

But once over 10mph, it stops unless you go below 10mph & once warmed as well.

I have also noticed that when the interior light is on, that pulses too when the engine is cold.

This only happened once I had my cambelt changed at 75000 miles (noticed it straight away).

The garage that done it, is a very close family friend & they have checked it over since I noticed & said that is looks fine & was a easy job to do with no hitches or mistakes.

I would really appreciate it, if anyone knew what the problem is with it, as the car needs servicing in 1000 miles.

Thanks very much.

if the battery was disconected make sure all the terminal and earth wireing are good and sound also the aux belt is tight enough as it sounds like a electrical fault.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would put the answers to the problems I have encountered to the threads I have wrote because I found this website a lot better then ffoc & people pointed me in the right direction.

This website gives out free advice which is better then asking a question (when your not a paid member) on ffoc and getting your posts removed. Not parting with your money makes some clubs get petty & unhelpful (when you might only need help on a small problem)!

Thanks Ford Owners Club for your responses :D

--------------------------------------------

The way this problem was resolved was by a Ford garage (strictly speaking it is “Rapid Fit” next door to the Ford garage) telling that my HT leads need replacing.

HOWEVER! The problem could be temporarily resolved by and I quote “Spraying the 4 HT leads rubber housing with a bit of WD40” (no need to take the HT leads out).

Dagenham motors in Woodford Green (Essex) which I would recommend, said the problem was that moisture was getting inside the HT leads & by spraying a bit of WD40 on the outside of each of the leads, it seals it up, causing less moisture to get in.

They have done that on my car & it has resolved by problem (only noticed it once after it rained during the whole day.

I have yet to change the HT leads, which should eradicate the problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club