#16 Rikos

Rikos

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 LX

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

Doesnt sound worth it then to do an engine swap unless you want to put a bigger engine in

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 mc_flame

mc_flame

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Name: Lee
  • Ford Model: '06 Focus 1.8 Zetec Climate 3Dr
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Ok get this! Had inspection done as thought was best first step and engine change is bit expensive compared to fixing. They found that a piece of plastic had got wedged inside the engine! They reckon its the manifold breaking inside and would really need replacing.

The manifold that is now on the engine is new as the old one got mashed in the crash. So I think its from the crash that a piece of plastic must have got into the engine and has eventually found its way deep inside. They want 700 now in total, for inspection and now to replace the manifold. Dont think so! They can take the piece of plastic out, put it back together and I'll go else where if the work needs doing.

#18 mc_flame

mc_flame

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

Just thought would keep everyone updated;

The valve with the plastic piece has been removed and, fingers crossed, there don't seem to be any damage caused to the valve. All I need to do now is get someone to put it back together. Gonna get timing belt changed as well, might as well while its off!

Got a quote for someone to do the work for about 180, big difference to the 500 the garage quoted me. Hopefully, will be back on the road soon, will keep updated!

#19 citymariner

citymariner

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Blue
Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

well just read through the thread and was expecting the worse.

shouldn't cost too much to have someone wack the head back on and a new timing belt.

good luck!

#20 Secret_Stig

Secret_Stig

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

Sorry to hear about the troubles your having :( I'm pretty sure you can get a engine for abit cheaper than that but like Rikos said there are risks both ways. Do what is most feasible?? either way hope it all goes well :)

#21 mc_flame

mc_flame

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

well just read through the thread and was expecting the worse.

shouldn't cost too much to have someone wack the head back on and a new timing belt.

good luck!

Hi, yeah finding that out got someone lined up but weighing up all options at the mo.

Sorry to hear about the troubles your having :( I'm pretty sure you can get a engine for abit cheaper than that but like Rikos said there are risks both ways. Do what is most feasible?? either way hope it all goes well :)

Thanks, :) not gonna be jumping in and giving my money away too easily, gotta consider all options.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users