Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob Battery - Mk7

Westy

Hi all

Just pulled up at the hotel and locked my Mk7 Titanium - 10 plate went on the road in April this year and now done just short of 16,000 miles.

Went and booked in, got my room sorted then went back to the car to get my bag - button wont open the doors. Several tries, also tried pushing the lock button to see if its the button thats gone fault - nope - dead - so its a battery thats gone (I hope).

Question:

I havent removed the battery yet, but, with the battery being dead, will my fob need reprogramming when I put in a new battery ?

Also, what type of battery do I need to get please ?

Do you guys think they should last longer than 6 months ? Our other car is a Mini and that key fob battery is over 2 years old and still works fine.

Cheers

Westy

Do you guys think they should last longer than 6 months ?

Absolutely, talk to your dealer about this.

Our other car is a Mini and that key fob battery is over 2 years old and still works fine.

If your Mini is the same as my Grandad's it charges the key fob when you insert it in the dash.

Mine has gone flat twice in 1 1/2 years, (reminds me to replace it) my theory is that it's always transmitting, where as the normal one only does it when you press the buttons to open the car!

Thanks for the input guys.

Sorted it - put in a new battery - no go !!

Had to take it into Ford so called in a favour from a mate who knows .......... blah di blah ............. you get the picture.

Its now sorted - no cost cept a battery.

And the moral of the storey - keep a spare one in the car - and change it every 6 months anyway

Cheers

Westy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club