Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 - 2 Questions

BHeart

Hi

I have a few questions that I'd like some help with and I'd appreciate input from user's who can help please.

ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) is standard across the range and The Owner's Handbook mentions about turning off the ESP and that a switch should be located near the 'card holder' but I don't see any switch. The only indictator I see is the 'warning light' on the instrument panel when you turn on the ignition. Maybe I'm missing something here but apparently there should be a switch but I don't see one, so how is ESP turned off and on again?

Rear Reversing Sensors were fitted as part of my City Pack option, should there be an interior switch/lamp to turn the sensors off?

Manual Climate Control - The handbook states that when the temperature is above 4 degrees C, the A/C will switch on automatically provided that the 'blower' is on. As stated in earlier posts, I've had the car for nearly a month now and over the last few months, the temperature has been above 4 deg C but I've not noticed the A/C turning on - and the blower has been on. Is there any reason why the A/C has not turned on automatically?

Thanks, BHeart

ESP Control is only available on Zetec S models.

Rear parking sensors are permanently active, and why would you want to turn them off.

AC comes on when the controls are set to a position with demist.

ESP (Electronic Stability Programme)

There is only a switch for the ESP in the Zetec S

Rear Reversing Sensors

There is no switch to turn them on/off

Can't help with your A/C question im afraid

Surely the A/C will only come on if it is manually switched on?

I know it will always switch off when temperature drops below 4C (even if manually switched on)

(I have the auto climate control, so I am NOT speaking from experience with the manual system)

My ac annoyingly turns on any time you turn the dial to windsreen

it is because it helps to clear your windscreen quicker, this is working at least since 1998 Focus for all Fords with manual or automatic AC ;)

regarding ESP - you can buy a button and fit it yourself (if you have just card holder under AC controls), new one costs cca 30€

My ac annoyingly turns on any time you turn the dial to windsreen

Hi mikester

Thanks for your reply.

It's annoying that the A/C turns on when you turn the control to demist because you may not always want the A/C on but you will certainly want to be able to have the blowers on to heat the interior when it's cold. In that situation, you would have to avoid turning to demist or turn off the blowers.

Just tried what you and JZSK advised - the A/C was off and when I turned the control round to windscreen/demist, the A/C came on but as stated, the blower also has to be on.

On the same subject, tvAddict states that the A/C will always switch off when temperature drops below 4C (even if manually switched on), but he has 'auto climate control' so I don't know if the manual climate control would be the same?

Thanks, BHeart

ESP (Electronic Stability Programme)

There is only a switch for the ESP in the Zetec S

Rear Reversing Sensors

There is no switch to turn them on/off

Can't help with your A/C question im afraid

Hi

Thanks for your response.

With reference to ESP, it seems crazy that, with ESP being a safety feature and standard on all models, only the ZS should have a switch?

With that in mind, does that mean that on all other models, ESP would kick in when it was required?

Thanks, BHeart

ESP Control is only available on Zetec S models.

Rear parking sensors are permanently active, and why would you want to turn them off.

AC comes on when the controls are set to a position with demist.

Hi

Thank you for replying to my post.

With regard to the rear parking sensors, I had them fitted as part of the City Pack and I would not want to turn them off. I was only enquiring about a switch because the handbook mentioned one.

The A/C does come on when you turn the control to demist.

Thanks, BHeart

it is because it helps to clear your windscreen quicker, this is working at least since 1998 Focus for all Fords with manual or automatic AC ;)

regarding ESP - you can buy a button and fit it yourself (if you have just card holder under AC controls), new one costs cca 30€

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

With regard to a switch for the ESP, the hand book mentions one and I was enquiring because I did not see a switch in my car.

Have you fitted a ESP switch and if so, could you post any links for where to buy it and is it a genuine Ford switch. Does it replace the 'card holder' and is the wiring for the switch behind the card holder?

Thank you, BHeart

It's annoying that the A/C turns on when you turn the control to demist because you may not always want the A/C on but you will certainly want to be able to have the blowers on to heat the interior when it's cold. In that situation, you would have to avoid turning to demist or turn off the blowers.

You seem to be confused. A/C comes on automatically ONLY when the blower is on AND the airflow is set to demist. If you did want the front screen to demist then a/c is the most efficient way of doing it. (or you could turn on the front heated windscreen). If you don't want the front screen to demist then don't set the airflow to demist.

You also seem to be under the impression that a/c only provides cold air. A/C introduces moisture in to the air but you can set it to which ever temperature you want.

The last point is if your car is cold then why would you have the warm airflow set to screen demist? Hot air rises - you want the airflow going to your feet and/or out the centre vents, you don't want hot air going straight to the roof!

My Titty has factory front and rear parking sensors. It has a switch in front of the gear lever (where most have the coin holder slots) I assumed it turned off both front AND rear but could be wrong. As I've stated before they are a PITA when manoeuvring out of the drive or doing a 3 point turn, you just have lots of different tone and length beeps going off randomly. I wished the 1st owner had spent his brass on the bluetooth voice optional extra instead.

A/C will remove moisture from the atmosphere. Any moisture in the air will condense on the 'condenser/heat exchanger'(?) on the way in leaving 'dry' air, thats why you often see pools of water under cars with A/C and why they often smell 'muusty' as the condensed water stagnates in the tubes/pipes/air ducts.

It auto turns on A/C when you select demist front screen so it's blowing dry air on to the screen.

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

With regard to a switch for the ESP, the hand book mentions one and I was enquiring because I did not see a switch in my car.

Have you fitted a ESP switch and if so, could you post any links for where to buy it and is it a genuine Ford switch. Does it replace the 'card holder' and is the wiring for the switch behind the card holder?

Thank you, BHeart

The wiring should be in every Fiesta with ESP fitted, buttons are just mounted to Zetes S model, if you have front parking sensors and automatic AC the switch cannot be fitted as there should be another switch (AC control??), it is an original Ford switch, I have seen somewhere here on forum also Ford FINIS number and guide how to remove the card holder and fit the buttons, but I am not able to find it now. Maybe it was German forum, I will check and update...

EDIT:

so there are 3 types of switch at the end (Ford FINIS code at the beginning):

1514081 Schalter-Leiste mit ESP-Aus und zwei Blindkappen - ESP switch + 2 "blinds"

1513292 Schalter-Leiste mit ESP-Aus, AirBag-Kontrollleuchte und einer Blindkappe - ESP switch, airbag control light + 1 "blind"

1513293 Schalter-Leiste mit Blindkappe, Airbag-Kontrolleuchte und PDC-Schalter - ESP switch, airbag control light, PDC switch

Hi

Thanks for your response.

With reference to ESP, it seems crazy that, with ESP being a safety feature and standard on all models, only the ZS should have a switch?

With that in mind, does that mean that on all other models, ESP would kick in when it was required?

Thanks, BHeart

The reason the ZetecS has the switch and not the other models is because the ZetecS is the sporty model and so you can de-activate the ESP to have a more engaged driving experience, well that's what Ford will tell you ;) it's the same as other sporty cars. But it's a very useful feature in the snow to have!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club