• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gary5661

gary5661

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:41 PM

my battery light has just come on on the dash i checked the belt and its good i checked the voltage without the engine running its showing 12v and if we start it it shows 13 and when i rev it it goes to 14v can any one help also my speedo has stopped working if any one got any suggestions please let me know

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:10 AM

first check that all the battery earthing points are clean and good, i don't know how old your car is but ford had some faulty instrument clusters in the focus where the speedo would stop working. suggest giving them a call as they know about the fault

#3 Rikos

Rikos

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 LX

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:48 AM

Hello and welcome to the club, you could always take the battery out and give it a good charge and see how it is afterwards

#4 jocojohn

jocojohn

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Hi, my son had exactly the same problem with his focus recently ( see earlier posts ) We finally traced the fault to a break in the red wire ( one of the 3 small wires going to the alternator ). The red one goes to fuse F10 I believe, in the under bonnet fuse box.

Try un-plugging this connector and test for 12 volts between the red wire and earth.

In our case, the break was about 3 inches from the alternator, which we found after peeling back the outer sleeving.

John

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users