Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford focus tddi battery light

gary5661

my battery light has just come on on the dash i checked the belt and its good i checked the voltage without the engine running its showing 12v and if we start it it shows 13 and when i rev it it goes to 14v can any one help also my speedo has stopped working if any one got any suggestions please let me know

first check that all the battery earthing points are clean and good, i don't know how old your car is but ford had some faulty instrument clusters in the focus where the speedo would stop working. suggest giving them a call as they know about the fault

Hi, my son had exactly the same problem with his focus recently ( see earlier posts ) We finally traced the fault to a break in the red wire ( one of the 3 small wires going to the alternator ). The red one goes to fuse F10 I believe, in the under bonnet fuse box.

Try un-plugging this connector and test for 12 volts between the red wire and earth.

In our case, the break was about 3 inches from the alternator, which we found after peeling back the outer sleeving.

John

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club