Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Misfiring, Possible Fuel Pump?

dannydavito

Can someone please help me out here. I have a problem with my car. Its a 2001 ford mondeo TDDI. When i start it, its fine, it revs, when i drive it, its fine, then after 2 miles the car starts misfiring and jerking until the problem gets worser and then the power cuts out and the car then switches off. Then the car does not start, sometimes the battery booster works and sometimes it does not, the only way i can start it is by jumpstarting it and then same process again until it dies out. The battery is fine as i just got that checked now, i have a diagnosis done on the car and these are the faults that its brught up

U1900 CAN COMMUNICATION FAULT - RECIEVE ERROR

P1665 INJECTION PUMP CONTROL MODULE COMMUNICATIONS

P0148 FUEL DELIVERY ERROR

P1631 MAIN RELAY MALFUNCTION

I spoke to a mechanic and he said it could be the fuel pump but if it was the fuel pump, the car would just not move where as mine starts again, drives and then starts misfiring

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

the first code is a worry, with it being a 2001 was the proper scanner used to get the fault codes?

the first code is a worry, with it being a 2001 was the proper scanner used to get the fault codes?

No, it was done by an auto electrician and not a Ford Dealer. I had a diagnostic done before and it said accelrometer short circuit to battery at another garage and i changed the accelerator pedal but not resolved. At another mechanic, it said main ecu relay, so changed that aswell, at this point it was fine for 2 weeks but then same problem again. I am sure it cant be the fuel pump?? if it was, dont you think the car would just not move? i am just so confused. I guess its probably a loose electric wire causing all these error codes to appear?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club