Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk2 2.0 16V Auto

dizzydaz

Just got this car and was told that the gear change from first to second takes a bit of time as it needs a transmission fluid change, it revs upto 4000rpms before changing into second....but i also have another problem and that is that it does not seem to want to change into 4th, any reason why this could be. Also the overdrive light on dashboard is always flashing even tho overdrive is off

thanx in advance

Look on top of the box, around the end of the battery tray area, and you will see a massive connector going into the gearbox, a round one, take this off IGNITION MUST BE OFF, and put back on a few times, look for any signs of moisture in the connector.

Don't confuse with the other electrical connector further towards the front of the box as this is something else, which will have a round shaft end and scribe lines to line up.

Look on top of the box, around the end of the battery tray area, and you will see a massive connector going into the gearbox, a round one, take this off IGNITION MUST BE OFF, and put back on a few times, look for any signs of moisture in the connector.

Don't confuse with the other electrical connector further towards the front of the box as this is something else, which will have a round shaft end and scribe lines to line up.

Hi guys,

I've got EXACTLY the same problem. Tried fiddling with the selector cable today but got nowhere. Have checked the fluid level and that's ok. I've attached a picture which shows what I think to be the connector with the scribe lines you mentioned. Can you give me an indication of where the connection I'm looking for is? Thanks, Jack.

Hi guys,

I've got EXACTLY the same problem. Tried fiddling with the selector cable today but got nowhere. Have checked the fluid level and that's ok. I've attached a picture which shows what I think to be the connector with the scribe lines you mentioned. Can you give me an indication of where the connection I'm looking for is? Thanks, Jack.

post-17770-068943500 1288901428_thumb.jp