• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 5 Dr,1.0 80PS Race Red
  • Year: 2013

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Hi

I was just going through the invoices and paperwork for the Fiesta that I purchased on 1st October 2010 and I noticed that the 'radio code' was not entered on the appropriate parts. I called the dealer to ask for it and was told that it was built in and that I would not need it.

I can't see me wanting to disconnect the battery this early in the car's life but I may well need to at some point in the future, so surely I would require the code to get the radio working again?

I'm not familiar with modern Ford cars but I had the code for my last Vauxhall so, from the point of view of disconnecting the battery, how do the new Fords radio's get up and running again and am I entitled to have the radio code?

Thanks, BHeart

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 coysht

coysht

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hi

I was just going through the invoices and paperwork for the Fiesta that I purchased on 1st October 2010 and I noticed that the 'radio code' was not entered on the appropriate parts. I called the dealer to ask for it and was told that it was built in and that I would not need it.

I can't see me wanting to disconnect the battery this early in the car's life but I may well need to at some point in the future, so surely I would require the code to get the radio working again?

I'm not familiar with modern Ford cars but I had the code for my last Vauxhall so, from the point of view of disconnecting the battery, how do the new Fords radio's get up and running again and am I entitled to have the radio code?

Thanks, BHeart

There is no code - I disconnected my battery and everything worked fine when I connected it all back up again a while later.

#3 AntonyJ

AntonyJ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium X 5dr

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

There is no code - I disconnected my battery and everything worked fine when I connected it all back up again a while later.

The radio is programmed with the VIN of the car at the factory. So there's no need to enter a code as it checks whether it's in the right car when it's turned on. The dealer can reprogram the radio for a different car.

#4 BHeart

BHeart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

The radio is programmed with the VIN of the car at the factory. So there's no need to enter a code as it checks whether it's in the right car when it's turned on. The dealer can reprogram the radio for a different car.

Hi

Just read your reply and that would explain why I was not offered the radio code. :)

Thanks, BHeart

#5 BHeart

BHeart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Thank you.

BHeart

#6 Jojax64

Jojax64

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Joe
  • Ford Model: 1.4 TDCI
  • Year: 2008

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Ah.....would this apply to my 08 Fiesta van too? I've got the Ford Keycode card, but it's blank!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users