• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snowcrash

snowcrash

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: S-Max

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

So I bought a used '06 S-Max Titanium and recently found that the quick-clear heated windscreen doesn't work properly. A large stripe, maybe 1/3 of the screen right in front of the driver just don't clear at all.

My question is: is this likely to be something that can be repaired at a Ford garage? E.g. some connectors come loose? Or is it an all-or-nothing job requiring replacing the screen.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stephen Leak

Stephen Leak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Fiesta Mk.6 1.4 TDCi Zetec

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

So I bought a used '06 S-Max Titanium and recently found that the quick-clear heated windscreen doesn't work properly. A large stripe, maybe 1/3 of the screen right in front of the driver just don't clear at all.

My question is: is this likely to be something that can be repaired at a Ford garage? E.g. some connectors come loose? Or is it an all-or-nothing job requiring replacing the screen.

All or nothing, I'm afraid. If it was the left or right half, then it might be a faulty connector. The little wires embedded in the glass just corrode at the ends. The conventional wisdom is to use the screen regularly, even in normal conditions, to drive off any moisture.

PS. Anyone suggesting taking out windscreen insurance and buying a catapult will incur the wrath of the nearest moderator. :-)

#3 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

What's all this stuff about the Mods out to get people for suggesting such stuff? I have seen this, and one about fitting illegal bulbs. Have I missed something here? :lol:
You could try steaming a kettle up over the window and it may show if they are broken etc? :S

#4 Stephen Leak

Stephen Leak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Fiesta Mk.6 1.4 TDCi Zetec

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Whilst I have no great love for car insurance companies (IMHO, they are pimples on the bottom of capitalism), taking out insurance on a faulty QuickClear screen and then deliberately breaking it in such a way as to make it look like an accident, and then claiming the cost of replacement, is not only dishonest but also illegal.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users