Photo
- - - - -

Mk7 Headlight Bulbs - Brightest Legal Ones I Can Get?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

Mikester, can you take some photos of how you've got your HID Ballests and stuff in place? Really interested in getting some for my fez but can't find any pics of them fitted anywhere! Posted Image

yeah sure, i'll take some photos when i've removed a lamp in the sub 2 min region.... lol

but to give you an idea, i used sikaflex on my first set (rather than the pads provided) to secure the ballasts to the under side of the lamp, so they're completely out the way. but this time around i've used the pads and even with the stiff coilovers on a daily commute on bumpy roads they're still attached, so the pads are just as good as glue/sealant.

there's a mod you'll need to do to your metal clamp that holds the original bulb in, it only needs stretching slightly to allow a cable through before putting it back into shape. i'll do a guide if there's enough demand...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

yeah sure, i'll take some photos when i've removed a lamp in the sub 2 min region.... lol

but to give you an idea, i used sikaflex on my first set (rather than the pads provided) to secure the ballasts to the under side of the lamp, so they're completely out the way. but this time around i've used the pads and even with the stiff coilovers on a daily commute on bumpy roads they're still attached, so the pads are just as good as glue/sealant.

there's a mod you'll need to do to your metal clamp that holds the original bulb in, it only needs stretching slightly to allow a cable through before putting it back into shape. i'll do a guide if there's enough demand...

I'd love a guide but you probly wouldn't get much intrest here on FOC :P
You could even make a 1min 58Sec long video of you removing it :lol:

#18 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

Lol. Youre right, it'd get deleted and I'd be suspended for proactively influencing users to fit 'illegal' parts.

I'll just get you a pic when I next open the bonnet

#19 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

Lol. Youre right, it'd get deleted and I'd be suspended for proactively influencing users to fit 'illegal' parts.

I'll just get you a pic when I next open the bonnet

lmao! Cheers dude, can send it me in a private message if you want! :D

#20 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

I think I have Osram Bluevision .... but, I want HID's :lol:, i see you not get HID's for reflector headlamps, does this make them legal? (Plzzzzzz say yes :lol:)

#21 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

I think I have Osram Bluevision .... but, I want HID's :lol:, i see you not get HID's for reflector headlamps, does this make them legal? (Plzzzzzz say yes :lol:)

There not illegal, they just won't pass an MOT thus making the car unroadworthy, that's the illegal part.

The reflected lamps with HIDs just look like they weren't meant for xenons, whereas projector style lamps look executive and can pass HIDs off really well. Also the glare and light dispersion is non existent on projectors. You'll get this on reflector style lamps unfortunately.

If it's any consolation I had HIDs on my mk6.5 for 2 years and never once had a problem, no bother from police and noone flashed me :)

#22 Joe_mk7zs

Joe_mk7zs

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Joe
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Can anyone post a picture of their blue visions or xtreme visions? Much abliged

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users