Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zzetec S Footwell

speedyuk

Hi i am after some info on the footwell lights for the fiesta zetec s MK7 as my car does not have any but i would like to install some, has any one fitted these i would like some advise please. <BR><BR>

I also want to install these!!! I want them to come on at the same time as the interior light though as some people have wired them to stay on all of the time!!

My 10 plate SZ has everything in place but didnt come with bulbs, whats the point? Just bought some bright red bulbs from eBay, pushed them in and bobs your uncle :-)

My 10 plate SZ has everything in place but didnt come with bulbs, whats the point? Just bought some bright red bulbs from ebay, pushed them in and bobs your uncle :-)

I have nothing to say except ditto! (Oh and I bought a ZS not a SZ :P)

what LED Bulbs are thay mate

My 10 plate SZ has everything in place but didnt come with bulbs, whats the point? Just bought some bright red bulbs from ebay, pushed them in and bobs your uncle :-)

Even my little van has the footwell bulb holders in situ, Ford just saved them a few pence and didn't fit the bulbs. 2 No White LEDs later and bobs your auntie....is that PC these days

Or any White 501 Sidelight LEDs will do. In fact I've used them in the interior lamps front and rear.

If you havn't got the bulb holders in place (I dont) you can wire your own in, easily and get the exact same effect.

I used three LED striplights off ebay; Put one in each footwell and a flat one above the glovebox, I then connected them to the interior light. They come on when the car is unlocked, doors are opened, the engine is turned off. They operate whenever the interior light is on bascally, they even fade on and off like the light does which makes them look really premium. If you do a search there is a really good guide here on FOC about how to do it, if you want some pics or a video I can post one for you

If you havn't got the bulb holders in place (I dont) you can wire your own in, easily and get the exact same effect.

I used three LED striplights off ebay; Put one in each footwell and a flat one above the glovebox, I then connected them to the interior light. They come on when the car is unlocked, doors are opened, the engine is turned off. They operate whenever the interior light is on bascally, they even fade on and off like the light does which makes them look really premium. If you do a search there is a really good guide here on FOC about how to do it, if you want some pics or a video I can post one for you

I have the original footwell lighting but also now have some LED strips to go in the rear. However, instead of having them wired into the interior lights/ current footwell lights, i want them on when it's dark... so wired into the sidelights/headlights.

Would this be possible and if so where could i take a feed from?

as any one got pics of the footwell lighting please and a pic of the bulb holders

as any one got pics of the footwell lighting please and a pic of the bulb holders

See here

EDIT: oh, and here

Here you go guys, I fitted my own ambient lighting, instead of putting the wiring around the gear trim, put it behind the heater vent under the dashboard, does'nt take too long to do, best of luck!

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11992&st=0&p=78327&fromsearch=1entry78327

(sorry my work pc wont load the link thingy at the top)

Thank you for all the info on the footwell lights for the fiesta zetec s mk7

And thanks from me as well. Saw this thread last week, checked my car - no footwell bulb holders so gave up. I now see what the bulb holders look like and where they're positioned - just checked my car again and hey presto, they're fitted!

1: Absolutely agree, why didn't Ford fit / specify these on the Zetec S?

2: I'd been looking for frosted plastic covers when I first checked. How cheap and nasty are those footwell bulb holders? (I'll answer my own question - 35p).

My car is coming up for 3 months old - no problems with it so far - no rattles, everything seems well screwed together but I must admit the more I look around the car, the more of a 'cheap and nasty' feel it has.

1. Because it costs money and because it was/is a selling point for the zetec/titaniums with themood lighting.

2. Very cheap but it does the job and you won't see it. 35p sounds very expensive I'd try 1 or 2pence at most.

Mine has two distinct rattles that are really annoying but I can't pin point them and Ford won't do it if they Have to spend all day looking for the rattle

Jay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club