Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 1.6 Tdci (95Bhp) Mpg Issues, Anyone Else?

happyarthur1979

Hi I'm new on here, so I will start with brief info. Had a few performance Ford's early days xr3i, rs custom and fiesta rs then moved to having Toyota's had 3 celica gt, celica gt4 and corolla t-sport.

More recently had a little pug 207 1.4 s great little car but really poor on fuel 65 miles out of 10 quid.

Changed car in April and got a nice 58 plate fiesta zetec S 1.6 tdci which supposedly done 67 mpg being realistic I was expecting somewhere between 54 and 60 sadly I'm getting nowhere near I live in Rainhill nr St Helens went to Wales yesterday run was smooth and doing between 50 and 70 mph and my average mpg was 51 which included trying out the 2 stroke oil trick. Something is wrong I've recently changed brake pads and there isn't much room between callipers and wheels but can't hear any rubbing, tyres all correct pressure, I'm using Shell v power diesel so I don't understand it. Has anyone had any similar problems and found a solution.

HI

Just to say I have a 2009 fiesta Titanium 1.6 Diesel 89bhp this is also poor on fuel.

I have only covered now 20,000 in the 6 years since purchasing from new,although I only do short journeys normal

MPG is in the range of winter 48ish and summer 53ish.Best I have had is 60.1 after a full tank fill up and computer reset on a 30 mile straight run.

I feel that I was conned into purchasing a diesel.Tax now only £20 per year.

This is the first and only diesel I have owned and it will be my last.

Hope this may be of some use to people considering on buying a diesel.

Hi thanks for the info and I have seen alot of posts on here relating to poor economy there's plenty of us out there suffering however there has to be a solution without remapping. I have found somewhere that sonically clean the injectors which is about 12 quid per injector so may give it a whirl.

never believe what you read in the brochure. its a guide. and usually in a lab will get these results.

Same engine Different car/Map if i drive like a nun on the motorway at approx 62 mph. i get 70.6 mpg (photo's to prove)

I didnt drive like that all the time however but i got over 500 miles from a tank. Yes a focus. Same engine different map etc

Jamie

• 4 years later...

Same here, 1.6 diesel 95ps. Around the streets normal driving and not heavy footed about 51mpg. On a motorway doing 70mph on cruise control 42mpg!!!! I always thought fuel economy went up on motorways???? My previous cars increased MPG on motorways not decreased! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club