Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 (I Think!) 1.6 Zetecs Petrol - Noob Queries

flyer

Hi, new member now I'm the proud owner of a new shape 58 plate 1.6 Zetec S with the streetpack! I am taking this for a service soon & have a couple of q's about the car I'd really appreciate your help on please? The car was bought from a dealer but has 12 months of the Ford "warranty" left apparently:

Power steering - it "feels" as though it's a bit rough at the extreme of a left or right turn at parking speeds, is this normal? It seems to be smooth all the way to the very end then feels a bit "bubbly" (stupid I know but that's the only way I can think of describing it). :blink: .

Boot Open - even after a reasonable "thunk" with the boot, this warning crops up on the "radio" display intermittantly. Easy fix or something else?

Rattle in the passnger door but this appears to be a common thing (after looking around vaious forums) so I'll sort this out myself.

The drivers side sideskirt, there seems to be a gap of about 5 to 10 MM between the body & the black end "finishing" cap, it's tight up against the arch on the other side, easy to sort or...?

Engine ECU & radio - I understand a software update is available for both, any way of checking if this has been done.

Sorry for the list but I'm new to all this & loving the car so far, just want to ensure this pleasure lasts as long as possible :-)

Thanks very much for any help & assistance, it will be appreciated.

Cheers, Flyer...

Hi, probably bad form to reply to my own post, maybe I came on a bit strong asking for help on everything under the Sun in my first post.

If someone could maybe just get back to me about the extreme left & right turn "feel" at low / parking speeds & if there's any way to tell if the ECU for the engine's been updated (I feel I'm gtting low mpg), that would be appreciated. Thanks again...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club