• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Micro

Focus Just Stalls

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have a Ford Focus 2002 Zetec 1.6 (Petrol), and it has a slightly dangerous problem. It stalls depending what is on in the car.

If you have the lights and stereo on in the car at night, and slow down to stop at the traffic lights, if the revs go below 750 (The notch just below 1k) it'll just die. No spluttering just die. We've had this going down a hill before now, and the steering and brakes seemingly locked completely, and we had to rely on a hill to stop the car. We would change down a gear, or apply the handbrake, etc, to stop it stalling, but we have no warning apart from the rev counter.

If you stall while the lights are still on also, it will not start unless you turn the lights off before you try.

Anyone else have the same issues? The local ford garage say nothing is wrong, but it's pretty dangerous.

Hi Everyone,

I have a Ford Focus 2002 Zetec 1.6 (Petrol), and it has a slightly dangerous problem. It stalls depending what is on in the car.

If you have the lights and stereo on in the car at night, and slow down to stop at the traffic lights, if the revs go below 750 (The notch just below 1k) it'll just die. No spluttering just die. We've had this going down a hill before now, and the steering and brakes seemingly locked completely, and we had to rely on a hill to stop the car. We would change down a gear, or apply the handbrake, etc, to stop it stalling, but we have no warning apart from the rev counter.

If you stall while the lights are still on also, it will not start unless you turn the lights off before you try.

Anyone else have the same issues? The local ford garage say nothing is wrong, but it's pretty dangerous.

or8 mate ive got the same problem with my car and so have a few others and there is a forum where we have been trying to find the problems so check out the forum called car just dies alot of inof hope this helps

or8 mate ive got the same problem with my car and so have a few others and there is a forum where we have been trying to find the problems so check out the forum called car just dies alot of inof hope this helps

hi mr.f,my daughter has a similar problem but i cannot find forum "car just dies" is it on this site.thanks

hi mr.f,my daughter has a similar problem but i cannot find forum "car just dies" is it on this site.thanks

sounds like it could be the idle control valve. very common fault.