Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Fuel Economy

Deano_2010

Hello all,

I posted last month about the low fuel economy on my Ford Focus 2005 TDCi. It had not been serviced for 2 years and was told to try a service.

The Major service was completed on Monday by Linsey Ford. The car feels great now to drive. Engine noise is much lower and car feels quicker to move off. The only problem is that the fuel economy is still the same.

Does anyone know what else could be the problem?

Did they give a breakdown on work done during the service? I'd say they changed the oil, plugs & oil / air filters. They probably left out fuel filter. The EGR valve could probably use a cleaning.

Did they give a breakdown on work done during the service? I'd say they changed the oil, plugs & oil / air filters. They probably left out fuel filter. The EGR valve could probably use a cleaning.

Sorry, I should have said. The fuel filter was changed.

Could the EGR cause a large amount of issues for fuel economy?

you should easily be able to get over 45MPG. Im currently getting 49.8MPG from my 2005 2.0 TDCI Focus Titanium. highest ive had it is 51.7. But all depends what type of journeys you do really

I normally get between around 50 mpg with my 2005 1.8 TDCi Focus - I do mostly motorway driving though. One thing to remember is to reset the mpg indicator now and again as it does go a bit off sometimes. On mine to reset it hold down the button on the left stalk.