• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nw42

nw42

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

Just bought the car and the driving position isn't great, when using the up/down button on the side of the seat I can hear the motor run but the seat doesn't move, any guidance as to what this may be, a simple job or a new mechanism, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Aplogies, should have said its a 52plate 2.0 LX TDCi.

I could also do with knowing if it will have a timing chain or belt and if it's a chain would I still be best advised to have it changed like I did the belt on my last one.

cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

the mechanism on the electric adjust is made of plastic which over time breaks, a new part is the only cure, all tdci mk3 are timing chain.

#3 nw42

nw42

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

the mechanism on the electric adjust is made of plastic which over time breaks, a new part is the only cure, all tdci mk3 are timing chain.

thanks for that mintalkin, do you know if they are easy to swap? I still have the other car and the one on that works, I'm 6'5" so I need the room, thanks again for the info.

#4 nw42

nw42

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

Just found this thread which sort of answers my question but then raises another,
http://www.fordowner...?showtopic=3666

do I need to do anything regarding the airbag before I undo the seat fixings? Was just planning to undo the fixings and tilt the seat to allow access to the adjuster, see if I can wind it down for now until I can get someone to swap the motor from my old car.

As I'm sure you will have gathered I am a complete novice so any guidance would be appreciated, is it likely to be an hours work or do I need to set half a day aside? I just need the seat lower so I can drive the car, happy to sort the rest at a later date.

thanks again

#5 nw42

nw42

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what tools I need in order to loosen the drivers seat and get to the adjuster. Sorry to mither but I need to sort it fairly quickly and don't want to get stuck without the right tools.

thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users