Do Not Sell My Personal Information

**fiesta Mk7 With City Pack Option

BHeart

Hi

When I was choosing the options for my new Fiesta, I chose the City Pack option which includes 'powerfold mirrors' and 'read parking sensors' and, up until today, the reversing sensors had been working as expected.

However, when I arrived home from work today, I started to reverse between two parked cars and although I was level with the first car when I engaged reverse, the sensors immediately started sound off and they did not seem to be working as they normally had been and, as I started to put on left lock and I was half way in to the space, the sensors warning alert just stopped working and stayed that way until I had parked the car.

I've not been out to try them again and the sensors are not dirty, so I'm wondering if this is just a 'one off' or do I have a problem. I would appreciate input from Fiesta owner's who have parking sensors fitted, especially those who have the with the City Pack.

Thanks, BHeart

Sounds normal to me as mine do momentarily sense cars at the side when reversing...

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Maybe it is normal to sometimes sense cars at the side but my sensors actually turned OFF before I had finished reversing into the space and they should not have done so.

So I'm wondering if there is a fault?

Thanks BHeart

According to the user manual page 97:

The outer sensors may detect the

side walls of a garage. If the distance

between the outer sensor and the side

wall remains constant for three seconds,

the tone will switch off. As you continue,

the inner sensors will detect rearward

objects.

Also:

The parking aid is automatically activated

when you select reverse gear with the

ignition switched on.

You will hear an intermittent tone at a

distance of approximately 150

centimetres (59 inches) between the

obstacle and rear bumper and

approximately 50 centimetres (20 inches)

to the side. Decreasing the distance

accelerates the intermittent tone. A

continuous tone will start at a distance of

less than 30 centimetres (11 inches) to the

rear bumper.

According to the user manual page 97:

The outer sensors may detect the

side walls of a garage. If the distance

between the outer sensor and the side

wall remains constant for three seconds,

the tone will switch off. As you continue,

the inner sensors will detect rearward

objects.

Also:

The parking aid is automatically activated

when you select reverse gear with the

ignition switched on.

You will hear an intermittent tone at a

distance of approximately 150

centimetres (59 inches) between the

obstacle and rear bumper and

approximately 50 centimetres (20 inches)

to the side. Decreasing the distance

accelerates the intermittent tone. A

continuous tone will start at a distance of

less than 30 centimetres (11 inches) to the

rear bumper.

Hi Andy

Thanks for your response.

Everything that you have written is on page 102 of my 'Owner's handbook'.

The point about the 'outer sensors' detecting the side walls of a garage and then switch off if the distance remains constant is valid but, as I continued to reverse into the space with a car behind me, the sensors should have detected rearward objects but remained OFF and so failed to detect the other car at all, so I'm wondering if there is a fault?

I'm going out shortly and I will check to see if the operation is normal and will report back later on this afternoon.

Thanks, BHeart

Hi

Sorry I'm a bit late in updating my post.

The sensors are still the same - when I'm reversing into a space between two parked cars, once in reverse the sensors detect the car to the side of me but when I put the lock on to get into the space and the rear of my car has gone past the car parallel to me, the sensors stop working and do not start up again - even to detect the car that's behind me.

When I drive into a space by the kerb and then reverse straight back towards the car behind me, the sensors detect the car and get faster the nearer I get to the car until warning tone is continuous.

So they are working when alongside a car but then stop as I turn in, and they also work when reversing straight back towards a car/obstruction, but I'm sure they should work continuously when reversing into to a parking space between two cars.

I would appreciate it if any owner's of a Fiesta Mk7 with rear sensors only, could please try parallel parking into a space between two cars and let me know if their sensors detect the car to the side of them and then continue to detect the car behind them as they straighten up into the space.

Thanks. BHeart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club