Dave Foord

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 Titanium Automatic Petrol
  • Year: 2008

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hi I'm back with this annoying dong dong moise. Well it still going on,I have noticed that the key fob is slower at opening the doors. Now could that be a conection to the dong dong am thinking maybe the battery needs changing.I know its not the cold because it dosent do it all the time. Come on guys any ideas would be appreciated.
Zev

Hello
I know this does not help you but i am getting the exact same thing happen
i thought that maybe i was pressing a button while turning the key ?

SO IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING HELP US (sorry for shouting)

Dave

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 LiamZetec

LiamZetec

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus MK1.5

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:17 PM

I've noticed with my key fob as well on most really cold mornings that it takes 2-3 times of pressing the button to get it to unlock the car but then throughout the rest of the day it unlocks promptly on 1 press. I would just put this down to the really cold mornings we have been getting.

Liam

#18 zev

zev

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Ibolya
  • Ford Model: focus i.6L lx petrol
  • Year: 2002

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

My fob is slow at no particular time of the day.
Zev

#19 dfoord

dfoord

Dave Foord

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hello just a quick update about my noise

well i have had NO yes NO noise since replacing the cars battery
i dont know if this was the problem but i have no bleeps or dong noises
maybe it was a warning ??

but i got a nice new Bosch battery and all seems fine

Thanks for listening

Dave

#20 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,505 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

I agree with the above, all these audible sounds tend to be related to warnings with the car. Aspe's list is definately a shortlist of the more common beeps.

If its a retrofit computer, check the leads make sure there are no short outs.

Do you notice anything else, like lights dim, inside or out? sounds to be electrical. The problem is taking it to a mechanic might reveal a short or an error, but because by the sounds of it your getting different noises I wouldnt say that a mechanic will tell you straight. I would recommend checking the battery, even if you borrow a friends working one just to check that it works, as a new one may be just as expensive as a diagnostics fee, but then a diagnostics fee with no feedback, or a shiny new battery that will always come in good, even as a spare?

My car was making alsorts of ticking and bonging and flashes before I changed my battery, they all stopped as well, but then again I checked my DTC codes and saw Low Battery Voltage so was 99.9% sure changing the battery was necessary!

#21 dfoord

dfoord

Dave Foord

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

I agree with the above, all these audible sounds tend to be related to warnings with the car. Aspe's list is definately a shortlist of the more common beeps.

If its a retrofit computer, check the leads make sure there are no short outs.

Do you notice anything else, like lights dim, inside or out? sounds to be electrical. The problem is taking it to a mechanic might reveal a short or an error, but because by the sounds of it your getting different noises I wouldnt say that a mechanic will tell you straight. I would recommend checking the battery, even if you borrow a friends working one just to check that it works, as a new one may be just as expensive as a diagnostics fee, but then a diagnostics fee with no feedback, or a shiny new battery that will always come in good, even as a spare?

My car was making alsorts of ticking and bonging and flashes before I changed my battery, they all stopped as well, but then again I checked my DTC codes and saw Low Battery Voltage so was 99.9% sure changing the battery was necessary!

Hi no i had no DTC codes but my battery was 7 years old and rarely showed green so it needed changing anyway
but the noises started in the last 4 months so maybe the battery was on its last legs
thanks for the reply

Dave

#22 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,505 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

fingers crossed - let us know how it goes!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users