Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2000 1.8Tdi Lynx Cutting Out

Tracker

OK guys.

I have a 2000 1.8 Estate worhorse with 150k on the clock. She's been fine for 25k but started cutting out/not responding to throttle positions on the move ie motorway etc. When I move into the hard shoulder etc the engine is still ticking over but will not rev. EML is on. If i switch off and restart she is fine again.

I have noticed over time that if you "drive" the car and not "over run" it the fault will not appear. ie if i am on an decline on the motorway she will fault because i have eased off the throttle, however if i attempt to drive increasing speed to the bottom of the hill she will not faulter.

The car is perfectly driveable other than that and i do not wish to get rid, she is still in superb nic, regularly serviced and oil changed every 6k.......i know, high mileage car, i like to keep it clean etc....

Any help would be great thanks...

IAN

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club