Photo

New Headlight Bulbs.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

It took me ages to pick out and go for Osram Cool Blue, I fitted these just before the summer, and one has blown already :(
So, im looking just now at going for either Osram Night Breaker Plus or Phillips Blue Vision 4000K.
Does anyone have any experience with said bulbs?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fordpartsman

fordpartsman

Area Rep: Midlands

• Super Mod
  • 536 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec S 1.6 Tdci
  • Year: 2010

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

i know that it doesnt apply to your car, but it may be worth fitting the headlamp bulbs resistors i mentioned in the headlamp bulb thread for the mk7 in the fiesta section of the forum, this may eliminate any voltage surges, which may be the result of your blowing bulbs

#3 Stephen Leak

Stephen Leak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Fiesta Mk.6 1.4 TDCi Zetec

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

It took me ages to pick out and go for Osram Cool Blue, I fitted these just before the summer, and one has blown already :(
So, im looking just now at going for either Osram Night Breaker Plus or Phillips Blue Vision 4000K.
Does anyone have any experience with said bulbs?

I've fitted OSRAM Night Breakers into my Fiesta Mk.6 (H4) and a girlfriend's Focus Mk.2 (H7 & H1) and the results were impressive with my single headlights, and little short of phenomenal with her twin headlights. More blue-white light, longer beam, less eyestrain. Highly recommended.

I also took the opportunity to replace both cars' sidelights with OSRAM "Cool Blue" halogen W5W bulbs, which give the same blue-white light and the same light output as a 21W filament bulb. They also do normal filament ones, so make sure you get the right ones, which look like little headlight bulbs with pointy ends.

Also, get the headlight dip checked and, if necessary, adjusted, not only to get the most out of your investment, but also to ensure they don't dazzle oncoming drivers. Mine was set way too low.

They are all (touch wood) still going, despite the cold weather, which always takes its toll on headlights. Driving home from work yesterday, the number of oncoming cars with just one headlight was noticable.

#4 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Sounds like the Night Breakers are the ones to go for then. I see there is now Night Breaker Plus available. But at 23 a pair they come in quite expensive. Where about did you source your bulbs?
I am seeing a lot of the one headlight about just as well, just now i have one yellow and white white/blue :lol:

#5 Stephen Leak

Stephen Leak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Fiesta Mk.6 1.4 TDCi Zetec

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

Sounds like the Night Breakers are the ones to go for then. I see there is now Night Breaker Plus available. But at £23 a pair they come in quite expensive. Where about did you source your bulbs?
I am seeing a lot of the one headlight about just as well, just now i have one yellow and white white/blue :lol:

I got them on good old eBay for just £10.99 (inc. free P&P) for the pair. However, they weren't the new longer life "Plus" ones.

#6 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

Thanks, looking at Ebay. The "plus" bulbs are an extra fiver. Wonder if they warrant it :lol:

#7 aspe

aspe

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus & Ka

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

I've fitted OSRAM Night Breakers into my Fiesta Mk.6 (H4) and a girlfriend's Focus Mk.2 (H7 & H1) and the results were impressive with my single headlights, and little short of phenomenal with her twin headlights. More blue-white light, longer beam, less eyestrain. Highly recommended.

I also took the opportunity to replace both cars' sidelights with OSRAM "Cool Blue" halogen W5W bulbs, which give the same blue-white light and the same light output as a 21W filament bulb. They also do normal filament ones, so make sure you get the right ones, which look like little headlight bulbs with pointy ends.

Also, get the headlight dip checked and, if necessary, adjusted, not only to get the most out of your investment, but also to ensure they don't dazzle oncoming drivers. Mine was set way too low.

They are all (touch wood) still going, despite the cold weather, which always takes its toll on headlights. Driving home from work yesterday, the number of oncoming cars with just one headlight was noticable.

Can you fit these to Ka's? The headlights on mine feel more like torches than headlights :(

#8 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

Can you fit these to Ka's? The headlights on mine feel more like torches than headlights :(

Should think so as they are just a normal bulb. Do a search on your fitment and see of they turn up

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users