• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 matty371

matty371

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

ive just purchased a ford focus 1.6 ghia y reg 2001 ,but i do not have the central locking key fob only the standered key
if anyone has any ideas i would be very greatful,..

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 LiamZetec

LiamZetec

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus MK1.5

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

You need to purcahse a brand new remote locking key from Ford and then take both your new key and then your old key and get the new key cut to match the old one (some key shops can do this but do some looking up first), then lastly you need to get new key coded so it can work with your car.

Liam

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

You need to purcahse a brand new remote locking key from Ford and then take both your new key and then your old key and get the new key cut to match the old one (some key shops can do this but do some looking up first), then lastly you need to get new key coded so it can work with your car.

Liam

if you have 2 original working keys it would be easier ford will likely charge you to cut a normal key as well an auto locksmith will come to you and cut then code the key to the car then programme the fob in and they are a lot cheaper than ford theyll even supply the key

#4 matty371

matty371

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

if you have 2 original working keys it would be easier ford will likely charge you to cut a normal key as well an auto locksmith will come to you and cut then code the key to the car then programme the fob in and they are a lot cheaper than ford theyll even supply the key

thanks m8 ive found a place to do it now..i dont suppose u would know my my gears crunch only when it goes into reverse,not all the time mainly when the car is cold,its had a new clutch could it have been fitted badly or is it just me..lol..

#5 LiamZetec

LiamZetec

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus MK1.5

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

It's normal for the gears to crunch when you put it in reverse, all the manual cars I have driven do the exact same thing - even my Focus.

Liam

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

It's normal for the gears to crunch when you put it in reverse, all the manual cars I have driven do the exact same thing - even my Focus.

Liam

to solve the slight crunch push the gearknob into revers ewith the clutch down when you feel resistance slightly lift the clutch and it will go in gear without crunching

#7 ponsaloti

ponsaloti

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Name: M
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2014

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

Go to an autolocksmith. he will be cheaper than the dealer

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users