Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loud Squeaking From Front Of Car? (09 Fiesta Titanium)

NathanS

I've been getting a loud squeak at low (0-25) speeds, seems to stop once you get past 30 but it's starting to get very annoying when meandering through traffic! Is anyone else getting similar to this? You can hear it from inside the cabin with the windows shut but once you open the windows it's much more noticeable.

I've uploaded a recording of the sound here:- http://audioboo.fm/boos/220909-fiesta-squeak

Hi

It sounds like a wheel bearing but it could also be the pads rubbing on the disc even when the brakes are fully released.

Jamie

I have exactly the same problem with mine. I randomly here it at very low speeds and appears to be more eveident when I'm turning left slightly. :unsure:

Sadly I haven't been able to suss out where it's coming from either yet. :(

Its a common problem with them the brake pads get stuck in the carrier n cause the car to make a grinding noise or even slow the car down a pit !! if that makes sence :P

Got the car in this morning to get this sorted, bit annoyed that it's not covered by the warranty after 1000 miles though!