• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 itekweni

itekweni

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: 06 Focus Sport

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hi all I have read the forum in connection with key fobs and so far not found and answer..my key fob started losing its power and i thought it was a battery problem so i replaced it and it worked just great but again sadly started to fade to the point where a good smack against the door handle got it working but not any more...the numbers in my fob read like this 5WK4725/8686 on one part and 5WK48025 on another part so i do not know which number to use when trying to replace the fob..another question where besides the dealer can i buy one of these over the counter as it is starting to do my head in...thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hi all I have read the forum in connection with key fobs and so far not found and answer..my key fob started losing its power and i thought it was a battery problem so i replaced it and it worked just great but again sadly started to fade to the point where a good smack against the door handle got it working but not any more...the numbers in my fob read like this 5WK4725/8686 on one part and 5WK48025 on another part so i do not know which number to use when trying to replace the fob..another question where besides the dealer can i buy one of these over the counter as it is starting to do my head in...thanks in advance

take it to ford theres a little black case that covers the chip and makes it register when the buttons are pressed these go and need replaced not expensive around 30 quid otherwise go to a scrappy and find a car with a fob like youres pick up a few and reprogramme them to youre car its easy done
FORD Focus (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming 1. Switch Ignition On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds until a sound is made. 2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made. 3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound. 4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit. 5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.

#3 itekweni

itekweni

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

Thank you for the quick response will do the breaker rounds on the weekend ...thank you again

#4 itekweni

itekweni

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

HI me again sorry to be a nuisance but so far searching the net with the number i took from inside the key fob i have only managed to find one similar on ebay..question will any focus/fiesta fob once programmed work on my focus and anopther question my car being an 06 focus sport is this a MK2...thanks again in advance

#5 ponsaloti

ponsaloti

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Name: M
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2014

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Stop wasting your time in breakers and ebay. Go to an autolocksmith. Cheaper than the dealer+ you'll end up with the correct item that works.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users