Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Mpg

Kirst Harrison

Hello all,

Having recently bought a ST, i am wondering what sort of MPG i can expect out of it?

Ford quotes an official combined figure of 38.2mpg, i just wanted to know if anyone else has a ST and what sort mpg you are getting?

And dare i say it, is anyone getting better than that?

Ahh here's my que...

Having run my ST for about 6 months now and in doing that covering about 6000 miles in that time, the mpg i tend just not to think about, if i need fuel i put it in :P

But on a serious note when i got it i was obviously drving it economically ;) doing about a 28mpg return. This covers mostly town driving with general heavy right foot drives a couple of times in the week.

Although i do live just a couple of miles from work most of the fuel is used warming it up :/ but on a motorway drive being very very careful about how i drove it, i got this...

IMG00199-20100604-1742.jpg

Although this is the only proof i have i did see a constant 45.4mpg driving at about 60mph on the motorway.

It can be achived but it all depends on how you drive it, i think id struggle to achive 38.2mpg combined. i would basically be driving it aroudn town as i do and never putting it through the rev range, to me thats not what it its for though i will just go out and drive it and enjoy it and not care too much about what it returns :)

My current mpg to be really honest though is about 26.9mpg but id be fair in saying an average for all those miles ive done is about 28mpg

Hopefully that makes sense and covers what ive been through :)

Jack

Hey Jack,

44.7mpg impressive, i dont think i will ever see that sort of mpg (and i dont expect to really with my heavy foot :lol:

I mostly drive on the A1 as i drive 30 miles down it to work and back so i dont think it will be terrible.

Unfortunately i dont have the same display as you so i have to workout the mpg the old fashion way and having had the cars for a couple of weeks i have worked out that i am getting approx 36.7 mpg which is not bad but also not really a true representation at the moment.

Was just curious to see what others are getting.

I agree with you very much, i did not buy this car for good mpg :P

Are there many others on this forum with ST's? I notice it seems to be mainly Mk 7 Fiesta's?

No help to you but I recently did a trip from Yorkshire to Norwich & back again in my 58, 1.6 ZS MK7. Like you I haven't got a particularly light right boot & was anywhere from 38.6 to 42 MPG on a mixture of the A47 (horrible, horrible road!) & the A1 back to God's own county. Thought I might get slightly better than this but even after all the struggling behind caravans & trucks, still managed to get out of the car feeling fresh & with a smile on my face... which didn't happen with my last car.

Hey Jack,

44.7mpg impressive, i dont think i will ever see that sort of mpg (and i dont expect to really with my heavy foot :lol:

I mostly drive on the A1 as i drive 30 miles down it to work and back so i dont think it will be terrible.

Unfortunately i dont have the same display as you so i have to workout the mpg the old fashion way and having had the cars for a couple of weeks i have worked out that i am getting approx 36.7 mpg which is not bad but also not really a true representation at the moment.

Was just curious to see what others are getting.

I agree with you very much, i did not buy this car for good mpg :P

Are there many others on this forum with ST's? I notice it seems to be mainly Mk 7 Fiesta's?

Yeah the longer runs would benifit it tbh as your running it warm rather than it constantly warming and cooling!

Oh is yours pre-facelift then? If we talk miles to a tank then ive had 250miles ( quite respectable ) and erm...160 :P

Only a few other ST's on here tbh, but as you say mostly Mk7's!

Jack

Yeah it's pre-facelift. It’s a 2005 '05' plate so i have a different display.

What is the difference then? I only test drove a few before getting this one and they were all pre-facelift? Have i made a mistake? I hope not but i do love the car and whatever it is missing i don’t seem to have noticed lol. I had a pug 106 before this and it was the basic of basic. The electric windows and CD player it came with was classed as really good extras lol so getting into my ST feels like pure luxury and driving it gives me thrills you can only imagine ;)

So far i have got about near to 300 miles out of a tank, i did have about 40-50 miles left (this is approx as i have digital petrol display and this is two small bars) but i was not brave enough to see how much more i could get out of it (didn’t fancy running out of petrol along the A1). :unsure:

I must admit i was surprised not many ST's on here, i do understand they are older cars now and most have the Mk 7's but i see ST's all the time so they are out there?

Oh well i guess we shall be the select few on here :D

Kirst

"my ST feels like pure luxury and driving it gives me thrills you can only imagine ;) "

Cheeky!

The facelift model consisted of new headlamps and a restyled dash. The option also came in with technology pack ( which i have ) which has the trip computer - Shows current mpg, miles to empty and current miles since last trip reset! Also with this is an AUX point for MP3 players!

With this aswell i have climate pack which is the aircon option.

If anything the pre-facelift benified of having ESP, which none of the facelift models could have! So think im losing out!

There are dedicated ST forums about and there is lots of members so thats where they hang out, but as you say there is a select few of us on here!

Oh and owners manuals can be picked up from ford parts places/ eBay etc :)

Jack

Lol cheeky but true :P

Ah i think the restyled dash and trip computer would have been good but not the end of the world. I do have air con but not climate control (will come in handy in the summer).

Not too worried about the lights as i want to change them anyway, i have found that they are not that great? So i am thinking of changing to chrome angel eye headlights, think the chrome will look better than black as the car is silver.

Also might like to replace CD player with all in one CD/Sat Nav so i can connect my underseat sub which i miss terribly at the moment and also my ipod.

Have already picked up a owners manual from Ford as did not come with one :)

Kirst