Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo Cooling System

gaz77

This one even baffalled my main dealer, his words "well it's not over heating, so see how you get on with it".

First noticed the temp gauge wasn't getting up to temp so as you do change the thermostate and i even changed the housed, checked the t piece on top and put it all back together. with anti freeze and bleed the system of air.

Same problem still, even put another thermostate in and checked it worked before fitting..all was ok with stat.

Still same prob, then i notice the small pipe from the stat houseing going to exspasion tank isn't getting hot neither is the pipe from the bottom of the exspansion getting hot, the one that goes to the pump.

So in to fords with it i went armed with me receipts for the stats etc.... 6 hours later they phoned and said all done , they said they bleed the system and all was ok.

Only a few miles up the road the temp gauge went down but i carried on for another 20 miles and thought i would have a look under bonnet and guess what these pipes and the exspansion tank were all still stone cold.

So back to fords i went the next day and that when he told me..."well it's not over heating, so see how you get on with it".

Any one with idea's :huh:

PS heat comes through in to car great

when you feel the pipes to see if there getting hot do they feel hard or can you squeeze them easly? ie: is the system preasurizing, I'd try a new expansion bottle cap ;) ;)

when you feel the pipes to see if there getting hot do they feel hard or can you squeeze them easly? ie: is the system preasurizing, I'd try a new expansion bottle cap ;) ;)

Hummm not sure about that one... will check, watch this space.

Thank you

Also one other thing i forgot to mention, some times when the temp guage does reach it's normal point, when i some times pull up at light or sumit the gauge will dip some times and then go up when get going again.

Does that still sound light a pressure problem....?

Also one other thing i forgot to mention, some times when the temp guage does reach it's normal point, when i some times pull up at light or sumit the gauge will dip some times and then go up when get going again.

I had this when I first got my mondy and it was the thermostat, but as you have tried two the that rules that out, as said try feeling the pipes and get back.

Hi there....

Got the car warmed up this moring and checked the pipes and they are all soft, could feel the pipes either side of stat are hot also could feel radiator was warm and also could just get me hand on the main pipe coming from cente of water pump was warm as well, the one that goes to bottom of rad.

But exspanstion tank was cold still.

so off to fords i went and got the tank cap, £12.55 if any one interested. i even changed the cap in the car park and only got a little hissss when unscrewing really carfully.

10 miles later i got home and all was the same, soft pipes etc...

PS.... its a 2004 tdci

I had this when I first got my mondy and it was the thermostat, but as you have tried two the that rules that out, as said try feeling the pipes and get back.

has anyboby mentioned the second thermostat to you? also known as the oil cooler thermostat,this is the stat that often plays up and causes gauge up/down when running, and warm up problems.

post-18242-045462600 1290715029_thumb.jpHummmmm think i have heard of this one but would this cause the water pipes not to pressure up and for some pipes to stay cold.... where is this other stat and how easy to change.

would this be the critter.... i'm not a stranger to being on me back under the enigine but not seen that before. could some one point me in the right direction,a picture would be amazing help

Right did me home work and found the little sucker hiding behind the water pump, not the easyest place to get to but i got there and changed it with only a few scratches to me hand.

Have topped it back up with anti freeze, but whats the best way to make sure the system is bleed correctly of air..... mondeo tdci mk3

post-18242-045462600 1290715029_thumb.jpHummmmm think i have heard of this one but would this cause the water pipes not to pressure up and for some pipes to stay cold.... where is this other stat and how easy to change.

would this be the critter.... i'm not a stranger to being on me back under the enigine but not seen that before. could some one point me in the right direction,a picture would be amazing help

Right been out and put a few miles on it and got back and checked the pipes but :( they are all soft and cold leading to the exspansion tank as before.....

Back to square ONE....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club