Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Screen

delboy2028

My front heated screen one half does not work.

got into the car this morning with a frozen screen to find that the passenger side has cleared but the drivers side stayed as normal could this be a relay or fuse blown? as it never cleared at all.

thanks

My front heated screen one half does not work.

got into the car this morning with a frozen screen to find that the passenger side has cleared but the drivers side stayed as normal could this be a relay or fuse blown? as it never cleared at all.

thanks

99 - 02 Reg needs a new screen as it all runs off one fuse/relay so if its not working on just one half = Screen knackered

52 - 54 Reg runs on seperate fuse for left and right so you could be lucky.

Thats to the best of my knowledge anyway. Mines a 99 Reg with the same problem. Not willing to pay the money for a new heated screen though and 'windscreen cover' on insurance only covers it to be replaced with a normal glass, Not the heated function.

Hi Delboy

tell us the year and model & i will check see if i have diagram.

looking at the diagrams i have both pre 02 & post 02 have seperate elements on eithr side of screen.

you will probably be best if you could use a test meter to check seperately.

tom

Thats to the best of my knowledge anyway. Mines a 99 Reg with the same problem. Not willing to pay the money for a new heated screen though and 'windscreen cover' on insurance only covers it to be replaced with a normal glass, Not the heated function.

Didn't know that about the windscreen cover, will check out my policy

Hi Delboy

there is one fuse and one relay.

but two seperate elements.

both elements earth on one side.

blue/red wire from relay to one element & blue wire tapped into the blue/red wire to the other element.

tom

99 - 02 Reg needs a new screen as it all runs off one fuse/relay so if its not working on just one half = Screen knackered

52 - 54 Reg runs on seperate fuse for left and right so you could be lucky.

Surely that can't be right... My Focus Zetec came with a heated front screen as standard as it's part of the Zetec model trim... say if I had to claim on the insurance for a new windscreen, they can't just supply me with a standard one as it technically isn't the correct one? If that was the case for me then I would kick up a fuss about it stating the above.

Liam

Surely that can't be right... My Focus Zetec came with a heated front screen as standard as it's part of the Zetec model trim... say if I had to claim on the insurance for a new windscreen, they can't just supply me with a standard one as it technically isn't the correct one? If that was the case for me then I would kick up a fuss about it stating the above.

Liam

its not standard on all zetec models only zetec models with the climate pack so it isnt standard standard is defined as that which is available on all cars in the range which heated screens are not just as aircon isnt and fog lights it all depends on the pack the car came with i have a 2001 which does not have the heated washer jets or the heated front window so its not classed as standardstandard means across the range as the majority of the range came with a standard windscreen thats what youll get

When i claimed on my insurance for screen it was the screen repair people who asked was my screen heated or not. i said yes and presto thats fine they said and they fitted it a week later.....

When i claimed on my insurance for screen it was the screen repair people who asked was my screen heated or not. i said yes and presto thats fine they said and they fitted it a week later.....

Had the same experience, when I had my 2003 Zetec Climate with a cracked windscreen.

The guy asked if it was heated, I said yes, and he fitted the correct version immediately.

As already mentioned, if you choose to claim through your insurance for a new a screen - just ask the insurers to supply you with a heated one if they don't ask you and if they try to supply you with a standard one, refuse it.

Liam

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club