1 reply to this topic

#1 Flattgee

Flattgee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.2 TDCi 175 Titanium X

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

Hi all.
I will be collecting my 09 Mondeo next week and it has the touch screen Sat Nav fitted. I just have a few questions that i hope someone can answer. Firstly i think the version Sat Nav i have is the CG3537 Touchscreen Sat Nav (please see attach photo taken from another car i found online), can anyone tell me who makes this unit (sony, blaupunkt?) the reason i ask is that i have read that if its a blaupunkt unit they will give you one free update.

Secondly the car was listed with no disc for the Nav unit but on the test drive the display was showing a map of the current location, i would have though this wouldn't work without the data disc?.Does this unit use a disc or is it solid state and how do you update the maps op system (Card or disc), i know the updates are a rip off from Ford but there are other ways to obtain updates ;) .

I understand that the Sat Nav unit isn't the best in the world and it will never beat a TomTom but it comes with the car and it better than nothing, has anyone got any tips for it use and any general views on it.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

sat nav.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Flattgee

Flattgee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.2 TDCi 175 Titanium X

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

I have done some digging and i think this is the Blaupunkt TravelPilot NX headunit ( correct me if i'm wrong please) and i have found the video shown below on how to remove the DVD.
New Discs can be bought from here http://navigation.te...ord/mondeo/2009 cheaper than Ford dealership. Around 200

[/media]

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users