Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faulty Fuel Gauage - Is This Common

grip

Hi,

I have a ford focus 1.8 zetec 52 plate, the fuel gauge seems to be faulty showing full one minute then suddenly going to empty and yellow empty light coming on, after the car broke down we had a new fuel pump fitted as there was fuel in the tank (not sure if the sender unit was replaced).

Is this a common fault with the ford focus as i have read numerous posts on this, if the garage did fit a new sender unit could it be something else like a faulty dash cluster, i did do a gauge test and all seems fine though.

Should the garage have fitted a new sender unit, dont want to spend any more money at a garage and would rather have a go myself

thanks for any pointers on this

This will be down to a faulty fuel sensor in the fuel tank. My neighbour had the same problem on his Focus and the garage replaced the sensor which cured the problem.

Liam

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club